🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 050: Indiana Jonesing with Paul Rust

Paul Rust joins the Boys of Bonding to discuss the similarities between the 007 and Indiana Jones franchises.

I've got a great Bond/Indiana Jones crossover fact for you guys. At the beginning of Octopussy the guy playing 009 in the clown-suit is famous English stuntman/stunt coordinator Andy Bradford. Five years later while filming The Last Crusade - specifically the fight inside the tank - Bradford was kicked off the stunt-team after accidentally punching one of the actors for real - none other than the original Bond, Sean Connery himself.

By the way if you want to see him without the clown make-up he appears at the end of For Your Eyes Only as one of the guards defending the monastery - I think he's the one that gets harpooned by Melina.

For me the most important person in terms of the Indy/Bond crossover is legendary stuntman Vic Armstrong. One of his first big film jobs was in You Only Live Twice - you can see him as one of the guys absailing down into the volcano during the climax. Thirty years later he's directing second unit for the Brosnan films. And of course he famously doubled for Harrison Ford in the first three Indy films, most significantly in Temple of Doom during the fight with the chief Thuggee which is mostly him because Ford was recovering from back surgery at the time. But his most impressive stunt has to be from Last Crusade when he rides the horse up onto the ridge and then jumps onto the top of the tank.

• Like 1

King_of_the_Nerds.jpg

He has also been in lots of British TV nerd stuff like Dr. Who, Blake's Seven and The Avengers.

"All the President's Mensies" DEFINITELY would have been a short on Funny or Die if Hillary had won.

I'm on board for this in every way possible.

Sign in to follow this