🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 532 - Everything Is Horrible and Wonderful

Author (and Harris Wittels’ sister) Stephanie Wittels Wachs joins Scott this week to discuss her new book “Everything Is Horrible And Wonderful: A Tragicomic Memoir of Genius, Heroin, Love and Loss.” Stephanie discusses her book, stories of growing up with Harris, and her reaction to the outpouring of support from his fans. Then, Morpheus The Dream Lord arrives to transport them to the Dreaming, where treasure hunter Brock Lovett reveals his greatest finds, and The Rum Tum Tugger has an existential crisis.

• Like 2

This episode better not make me cry...

(I cry at things that are either sad, happy, funny or serious)

• Like 1

This is probably not the right reaction but when Stephanie was talking about dumping Harris's phone onto her computer I had a twinge of hope we'd get a final foam corner.

Also, every time Tawny is on I just love her more and more.

• Like 4

"What if a bathroom floods over some jewels?"

I loved this episode and would go as far as to say it belongs in the Best Ofs, even as we're only in the middle of Febby-doggie! Stephanie was amazing, Tawny had me in stitches. Will & Paul are always great.

"Stephanie Wittels Wachs, your name is a sentence." Paul loves these doesn't he? He used to say that about Sarah Burns on Spontaneanation too!

• Like 8

Good ep. Can't wait to read the book, and she was an absolutely charming guest. Tawny was great, as always.

Miss ya, Harris!

• Like 1

This episode refutes its own title because it was wonderful and definitely not terrible!

It's crazy that Rose DeWitt just died a few months ago since she was like 125.

• Like 1

Great episode for so many reasons. I'm one of those weirdos who hasn't seen all of Titanic so I didn't know Paxton's character by name, so the slow realization it was a Paxton impressions was delightful.

• Like 2

Superb ep. Tears. Self-reflection. Funny, sad, everything. Scott your're such a sweetheart with your effusive and sincere and deserving praise. Thanks for making all of Harris' eps free for all. I'm listening to them again now. What made me jump over here is episode 52, he comes up with Hot Saucerman right off the bat! What a talent. Still too soon and RIP Harris. Just like you said I feel like i know the guy (as with many podcast guests) better than the typical "content talent" (had to get one joke in...ok, just reference) found on TV/movies, etc.. Love you guys!

• Like 1

Stephanie was really great, thanks for inviting her on the show Saucerman!

Oh, and good to know: Kate Winslet puts the titular "Tit" in Titanic. So, thanks for that too, Scotty Doggy!

• Like 1

Stephanie was really great, thanks for inviting her on the show Saucerman!

Oh, and good to know: Kate Winslet puts the titular "Tit" in Titanic. So, thanks for that too, Scotty Doggy!

Yes, I did like my own comment!

• Like 1

I had no idea Will Hines had a Spider-Man podcast. Immediate subscribe.

Good ep and i really appreciate Scott asking Stephanie to be a guest. It was nice to hear.

I was scared I'd walk away from this ep depressed, but quite the contrary. Sad, to be sure, but still relatively upbeat.

Stephanie was great and damn funny. Played with the characters really well. Make her a regular guest!

• Like 2

I think Harris was looking down at Earwolf studios that day, what a stellar ep. I cried, I laughed, I thought PFT was James Adomian, it was just a beautiful way to spend nearly 2 hours. Rest in Reese's Pieces.

At the mere mention of the Rum Tum Tugger in the description I got the song stuck in my head, and Tawny did NOT disappoint by singing everything to that tune. Probably my fav musical theatre bit since Scott and ALW discussed "the two main characters" in Jesus Christ Superstar.

• Like 2