🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

27 Reckoning

Adam Scott Aukerman are back this week to talk all about R.E.M.’s second studio album Reckoning. They’ll dive deep into each track including the B-sides. Plus, we’ll hear about Springsteen on Broadway, The Last Jedi, and running times of films in a new episode of “I Love Films.”

I can't believe how long it took Adam Scott to eat that thing. So gross.

Good ep though...

• Like 1

Scott, I'm concerned about your harassment comments RE: Kulap. Are you talking #MeToo to me, too?

• Like 1

"Time After Time"? I'd say "Second Guessing" and "Letter Never Sent" are where I start tuning out on the album.

"Seven Chinese Brothers", on the other hand, just absolutely gorgeous. I feel kinda bad for the Scotts for discovering "Voice of Harold" first.

The way this ep ended was amazing. Adam is so clearly way more into REM, and can't help but wax poetic.

• Like 1

This needs to be in text books nationwide.

jUpPnFb.png

• Like 6

I definitely prefer Murmur which I find a 5-star classic, and Reckoning is always one I forget about and overlook in REM's oeuvre... but then, when I listen to it all the way through, I'm always into it and love everything on it. I guess I find a few of the songs are pretty samey ("Pretty Persuasion", "Second Guessing") but that's a minor complaint because that sameness is awesome.

Current rankings:

1. Murmur

2. Reckoning

Am I the only human being in the world who really likes October...?

Nah, October's good. It's not their best, but it's certainly miles above everything they've done in the last 20 years.

I appreciate that they made it 40 minutes before REM was brought up this time. Maybe at a certain point they'll just forget to talk about this stupid band?

Just kidding! It's worth the REM talk if for no other reason than to hear Scott try to articulate something only to have Scott get impatient and cut him off. It makes me laugh every time.

This is one supposedly classic album that I mostly can't get into, aside from the top three or four songs.

My ranking of the songs:

1. South Central Rain

2. Pretty Persuasion

3. Letter Never Sent

4. Time After Time (AnnElise)

5. 7 Chinese Brothers

6. Camera

7. (Don’t Go Back to) Rockville

8. Second Guessing

9. Little America

10. Harborcoat

Sign in to follow this