🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 188.5 - Minisode 188.5

Want to know how to get back at Lorenzo Lamas? Well listen to this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Body Rock, opens up the Mail Bag, and the Movie Bitches review The Hurricane Heist. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist.

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Blockers, Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

I like that George Lucas thought he could make three star wars movies using their same strategy of filming everything on a fucking green screen.

• Like 1

Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow is on Netflix for those of us in the UK.

I got a laugh out of Paul for the line "shit pie with an extroverted nipple game", I'm quite pleased with myself.

• Like 1

Granted, I only have one child, and compared to many children my little girl is an angel from heaven made of Happy Fun Sunshine, but I feel like the list of jobs that could be harder than taking a kid to the zoo might be pretty long.

• Like 4

I get personally offended when they pick a movie I enjoyed for the podcast. I liked Sky Captain! I will defend it!

• Like 3

I get personally offended when they pick a movie I enjoyed for the podcast. I liked Sky Captain! I will defend it!

Is your name a Metalocalypse reference?!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Never have I been more happy and excited to win nothing.

I'm really disappointed that my revelation that Lorenzo was IN Grease didn't make it in after yours. Of course I would still say you win because you brought up Grease first and that made me make the connection that maybe they made a Sandy D reference because he was a little salty that he didn't get to play Danny.

• Like 3

I also do not remember this movie being bad. This will be an interesting revisit.

• Like 2

I'm really disappointed that my revelation that Lorenzo was IN Grease didn't make it in after yours. Of course I would still say you win because you brought up Grease first and that made me make the connection that maybe they make a Sandy D reference because he was a little salty that he didn't get to play Danny.

He mentioned Luigi's ethnicity and I thought "Is he really going to read that stuff?"

• Like 4

He mentioned Luigi's ethnicity and I thought "Is he really going to read that stuff?"

Hahahahaha as soon as he said that I knew that was gonna be the end of it, and honestly thank god lol.

I also wouldn't have called that a debate as much as intelligent conversation about current societal issues. It's nice to be able to come here and speak about such things freely without everyone just yelling at each other the moment someone disagrees (obviously not including the threads where in fact trolls have come on and yelled the moment they disagreed).

• Like 6

Hahahahaha as soon as he said that I knew that was gonna be the end of it, and honestly thank god lol.

I also wouldn't have called that a debate as much as intelligent conversation about current societal issues. It's nice to be able to come here and speak about such things freely without everyone just yelling at each other the moment someone disagrees (obviously not including the threads where in fact trolls have come on and yelled the moment they disagreed).

Here is a list of guests I happen to not like who, by sheer coincidence, are lesbians and I can't verbalize why they aren't funny...

ANYWAY

Everyone should check out Unspooled. Its pretty good and nice to hear Paul (and Amy with whom I'm otherwise unfamiliar) talk about a movie he legit likes. And it will be nice to discuss actual good movies with people here.

• Like 4

Here is a list of guests I happen to not like who, by sheer coincidence, are lesbians and I can't verbalize why they aren't funny...

tenor.gif

• Like 5

tenor.gif

I don't have anything further to add and maybe we just stop this line of discussion now.

• Like 1

I also do not remember this movie being bad. This will be an interesting revisit.

I remember the movie being beautiful and visually interesting, but i don't remember it being good...

• Like 3

I've never seen the movie but I had a friend that loved it to no end. Then again he was really into that genre, not sure what to call it so let's go with "noirpunk", like robots and stuff but it's all the 20s.

• Like 2

I've never seen the movie but I had a friend that loved it to know end. Then again he was really into that genre, not sure what to call it so let's go with "noirpunk", like robots and stuff but it's all the 20s.

Wikipedia calls it 'Dieselpunk', which just feels kind of gross to say.

j3ZwUfZ.jpg

• Like 7

I remember the movie being beautiful and visually interesting, but i don't remember it being good...

My memory exactly.

• Like 2

Wikipedia calls it 'Dieselpunk', which just feels kind of gross to say.

j3ZwUfZ.jpg

I would dread to hear the music that guy would be singing..

• Like 2