🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Homework - Legends of the Fall (1994)

I believe the episode after this one will have the show's 200th film, so hopefully that'll be something a little more interesting. I feel like the films have been a little lackluster lately but maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

I feel like the films have been a little lackluster lately but maybe that's just me.

Not just you. At least The Departed vs. Infernal Affairs provided an interesting discussion, even if I don't think either is particularly close to Canon. Seems like we've had a lot of "Let me bring you my weirdo personal favorite" episodes lately, rather than serious nominations that could actually get in.

I kind of like the fact that the films have been a little more iffy in this incarnation. 24 of the final 26 films in solo episodes with Devin got voted in, and that sort of monotony was more boring to me than seeing these more fringy films.

That said, I agree that it can be a bummer when someone picks a personal favorite that they're too close to, because they tend to struggle to come up with objective reasons for inclusion in the Canon.

Sign in to follow this