🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 344 - Astral Weeks with Ryan Walsh

Musician and author Ryan Walsh of Hallelujah the Hills joins improvisers Andy Daly, Danielle Schneider, and Matt Besser for this week’s improv4humans! Ryan talks about his book Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968, inspiring scenes about a homeschooled music class that goes off the rails, a musical jug salesman, and a U2 imposter band. Later, we’ll hear calls to an LSD support hotline before meeting a couple of disinterested local heroes.

(:47-13:49) Intro Discussion- Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968- A homeschooled music class goes off the rails.

(13:58-21:03) Let’s Talk Some More About That- Jug Bands- A musical jug salesman is protective over who uses buys his jugs.

(21:11-30:10) Let’s Talk Some More About That- The Boston Sound- A musician on stage forces his audience respond to his questions one on one.

(31:18-41:28) Let’s Talk Some More About That- Orpheus- An imposter U2 band is confronted.

(41:34-49:47) Let’s Talk Some More About That- LCD- An LCD support hotline to tell people how high they are.

(49:56-1:07:25) Call in with a Professor- Can Robots do Improv? - A robot is given notes in an improv rehearsal.

(1:08:09-1:18:25) Man on the Street Interview- 8th Grade Graduation- People interviewing a historian only want to hear about the small unimportant details.

(1:18:31-1:32:21) Discussion- Zabriskie Point – A couple is completely disinterested in being local heroes.

as a big fan of Pierre Henry's Variations Pour Une Porte Et Un Soupir (

), I'm liking where this episode is starting though I think maybe the performers are not so familiar with musique concrete (!). Still loving it though and I am absolutely going to buy this book.

edit: wow this is a really great one

as a big fan of Pierre Henry's Variations Pour Une Porte Et Un Soupir (

)

I don't know if it's because of post-truth era disillusionment or Twin Peaks S3, but I'm enjoying this more than I expected.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this