🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Fanclub Singles (1988-1998)

Adam Scott Aukerman slow things down this week to discuss R.E.M.’s Fan Club Singles (minus the Christmas songs) from 1988-1998. They’ll talk about the dissolution of the classic era of R.E.M., Bill Berry quitting the band, and they open up the R.E.M. mail bag. Plus, they share what they eat at the movies in another episode of “I Love Films.”

Adam listing his favorite Loony Tunes characters was the funniest thing ever.

Has Adam never not liked a song!? Some of those fan club songs, I thought to myself "Surely, Adam can't be into this?" then he'd chip in with "This is great".

• Like 1

I think, after REM, they should just shift from focusing on one act and into a general music talk/mini-podcast podcast. Like the whole ep of talking about their favorite 2000s albums is a cool idea. They could easily do something like that every couple of weeks, right? Please?

We're only up to like 1998 in REM and there's still a handful of albums left to go, but I'm still worried about this thing ending forever haha.

• Like 1

I think, after REM, they should just shift from focusing on one act and into a general music talk/mini-podcast podcast. Like the whole ep of talking about their favorite 2000s albums is a cool idea. They could easily do something like that every couple of weeks, right? Please?

When Scott asked Adam about that, I figured he meant as an idea for a new series, but then he said it could be an episode, which seems weird. If they can devote 2-hour episodes to every U2 and REM album, it feels like they could easily talk for an hour about each of their top tens, which would be 20 episodes.

• Like 2

When Scott asked Adam about that, I figured he meant as an idea for a new series, but then he said it could be an episode, which seems weird. If they can devote 2-hour episodes to every U2 and REM album, it feels like they could easily talk for an hour about each of their top tens, which would be 20 episodes.

Even better!

Anyone recognize the music used for the "Bro, I'm Comf" episode? Enjoyed the little bit we heard.

by Kinobe.
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this