🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 55 — Crack and Hookers

It'sbeginningto look a lot like Christmas, especially if Christmas looks like the secretSpaniardJonah Ray from Nerdist and The Soup! He joins us for the Billboard Holiday Album Chart, the Movie Chart, some Chart Darts and the first ever round of Kramer Party of 3. We take on Glee, the "other" Jonah, racist bullying in Hawaii, and Howard's best Mexican meal ever. Plus a Who Charted? gift exchange, a new single from Dragon Boy Suede, and a bonus easter egg if you pay careful attention. Pick up theWho Charted? Holiday Special 2011 with Paul F. Tompkinsand have ahappy holiday season!

"Crack and Hookers" ranks pretty high on my chart of favorite Who Charted episode titles.

Yup - another awesome show. Just one correction on the web-bonus Beer chart - Jonah mixed Stone Brewery in CA (which has the awesome line up of Arrogant Bastard and Double Bastard IPAs) with Rogue Brewery in OR who has some great beers in their own right.

If you're a fan of beers, definitely give them a shot - the Stone stuff is really strong for a beer (not 4Loco strong!) and really hoppy.

Just downloaded the Holiday episode with PFT and gonna listen to it now. Over 2 hours! Can't wait!

Kulap, how come you did sexy voice echo of what Jonah was saying in the Jillian Michaels scenario?

Great episode! Spring is suburb of Houston, though.

Spring is ALSO the birthplace and long-time home of me! Clay and I have been Facebook friends forever based on "OMG SOMEONE ELSE IN SPRING LIKES EARWOLF? BANANAS!" but we never actually met in person. SPRING PRIDE!

tom rognog - be sure to pick up the Holiday ep if you're an Earbuds or We're Buds fan! Lots of EOWB action to be found.

Shit, between the Holiday ep and this, I just spent 4 of the last 24 hours with Howard and Kulap. That's more than I saw my *kids* in that timespan.

Colin, you bastard. I just showed Ullrich and Cyrus your tattoo freaking out like it was real! You tricked me.

All this giving Howard the Business for his improvisational pronunciation, but you folks were too polite to jump on Jonah Ray for his "gregarian" monks...they're kind of gregarious, after all, while doing their Gregorian chants. And doesn't young Evancho pronounce her name "evanko" rather than "evantcho" a la Margaret or John Cho? (I'll believe it's -Cho, but frankly I've been missing some pledge specials. and definitely avoid AMERICA"S GOT TALENT as enthusiastically as I avoid GLEE or tv talk or other "talent" shows hosted by people who are their own biggest fans by far)...Bette Midler would be an example of someone from Hawaii who's had some comedic success, among other sorts (and she's really from Oahu...). I, too, went to high school across the street from Sacred Heart Academy, only since I'm more Kremer-aged, I was probably riding the same city buses with Tia Carrere, might well've seen her looking adorable in the skirts and white shirts they required at Sacred Heart (since I'm pretty much Carrere-aged, too)...I was going to the shortlived punk-rock-oriented club 3-D at about the same time as Kulap-aged JR was learning how to walk.

Listened to some Greatest hits while traveling: The crew and guest need to say the 'Number x' It's just another podcast without it, and I fail to wonder who has in fact happened to let slide a charted .

Max Records was the kid in "Where the Wild Things Are", and he does have a great name.

Sign in to follow this