🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 7 — Battleship Strap-On

If all you got for Christmas was a dumb snow globe or a dumb daughter, here is your belated present! An hour of improv with Matt Walsh, Ian Roberts, Brian Huskey and your host Matt Besser. From restraining orders to asshole nuns, this episode has enough fun stuff to fill a Wikipedia page (however that works). As always, follow @MattBesser to tweet your suggestions and visit Bobby Matthews and Dragoon to hear more music like the stuff you heard today.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your father Matt. Second of all, I wanted to share that I listened to this episode in a crowded New Orleans hotel room at 2 AM and was laughing so hard at various points during it that I actually shook awake the person that was next to me in this bed. I guess that makes me a shitty friend, but a grateful podcast listener. You're doing great work; it's good to have you back.

3/4ths of UCB all in the same room, doing improv? To quote Vonnegut, if this isn't nice, I don't know what is.

Sorry for your loss, Matt. It's good to have you back. My favorite piece was by far the wrestler one at the end. Let's see if I can speak like those characters for the rest of the day at work and get away with it!

I'm sorry to hear that Besser's father died, but the stories Besser told about it were great improv material and also gave the episode a lot of heart. I dig Brian Huskey a lot (I'm always wicked happy to see him at Soundtrack shows), but I'm really looking forward to the day when we get an Improv4Humans episode featuring the complete UCB Four. Fingers crossed.

Matt, I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I highly support getting through it with the use of humor, as I did the same when my dad died almost two years ago. I know he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Best wishes to you and your family,
Sarah

Sorry for your loss Besser, but I am grateful you decided to talk about it on this episode. Mid to late November is the anniversary of when my mother passed, so the time around Thanksgiving is always a rather shitty time, but thanks to podcasts like this one and the others on Earwolf, this Thanksgiving and holidays were much easier.

Matt...sorry about your Dad. I hope your okay. This was a great show...and I envy (yes, envy) the way your co-horts can ride with a segmant and not screw up (without laughing). Reading the Darrell Hammond book now, it says a lot. Take care

Matt, thanks for sharing your stories about your dad. It was funny and poignant, and I'm sure he would've loved it. Thanks for the laughs.

Great episode, but the highlight was Ian responding to the angry parent in the style of reading the letter. How he did that for so long without breaking is proof of comedic genius.

I am sorry for your loss, Matt. I think this was a great tribute episode. Everyone reading in the cadence of the letter had me screaming with laughter (safely inside my car). Take care and I look forward to the next I4H!

Hi Matt! I loved this episode, as I have loved all the others. I was away from podcasts for a couple months, and basically stopped right before improv4humans debuted. Now that I have access to the show I am marathon listening to all of it during and after work, and I am having a great time.

I finally got around to writing an iTunes review today, and in honor of your late father, of which I offer my deepest condolences, I wrote my review in the style of that letter his friend sent him which spawned one of the BEST SCENES of this podcast ever on this episode. Here's what I wrote:

***** (5 Stars)

improv4humans is really neat. It'll win your heart with all its good improvisations by talented improvisors. The suggestions always lead to good stories. Which then make good improvs. It will make you laugh so much you will get quite loopy. If you like to laugh like I do, then improv4humans is something you will think is pretty neat too. I am much entertained by improv4humans. It is very neat.

'Smashed Loopy' is definitely my favorite improv4humans scene. I've listened to it so many times.

Ian Roberts going into the cadence of the letter is fucking genius.

I re-listened to this one today. Every sketch is Best Of material. I really hope there's some deeper cuts on Best Of I4H Vol. 3. This earlier material as just as good as the new stuff.

working through the old eps. this is a classic.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this