🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 137.5 — Best of 2011 Pt 2

And now the thrilling conclusion of the Comedy Bang Bang Best of 2011! We're counting down the top five episodes as chosen by the listeners and throwing in some of your favorite segments and characters like The New Year Chicken, Vampire Jesus, "Deaf Al" Yankovic, Kajagoogoo, and more! Join Scott Aukerman, Paul F. Tompkins, and special guest Andy Richter on this epic-sode and come back next week for a fresh new 2012 episode of Comedy Bang Bang!

"Empire Strikes Back is the Rosetta Stone of your language, of the beep boop language!" is definitely Scottabot's quote of the year or QOTY for me. The way he delivers it so emphatically gets me every time.

Also, Huell Howser becomes Dr. Manhattan with Jesse Ventura as his Quado is my favorite bit of the year.
"Were that the chimes at midnight?"

Any clip that includes "Creak. Slam. Sit." of course deserves the top slot! Though I'm surprised that "A Worthy Uhhh" didn't rank on the Best Of list. I'm glad it at least made B-B-B-Bonus status.

very disappointed that the Reggie Watts/Paul Giamatti freak out didn't make the list or at least one of the bonus slots. That ep still makes me cry from laughing to this day. I have to listen to it at least once a month to get my fix.

I don't think I can fully explain how much I love the fact that the Farts and Procreation is #1 (I absolutely voted for it). I think it really encapsulates everything that is great about CBB. Long form improv, characters, dedication to bits, absolute lunacy, Harris Wittels...Having said that, much like Trainspotting or Requiem for a Dream, I have no interest in ever listening to it ever again, despite absolutely being in love with it.

Thanks for the great year, Scott and co.! Looking forward to the coming year!

I nailed it in my predictions (see Part 1 thread), so I'm extra glad about the number nose and one rankings. I listened to those episodes 2-3 times each and still listened to 'em again in the countdown and laughed my ass off. I love that Andy Daly also got the number 3 spot, he deserved it.

Am I the only one who kept thinking that Scottabot and PFT should host an awards show after these countdown episodes? That chemistry is like the Anti-Hatthway-Franco.

Thank you Scott and guests for a fantastic year. Cheers.

Now, perhaps most importantly, Scott is heading to a Phish concert tonight. I am excited.

How dare you voters forget about Jason Mantzoukas reading from Patrick McMahon's limerick notebook!

Looking forward to Andy Richter, he's quietly become one of the top couple guests (wasn't he the one that pulled out Hot Saucerman?)

PFT and Scottobot have Wittles/Saucerman levels of chemistry.

In case anyone is still wondering, this is more or less how the tangled smooch between Huell Howser, Huell Howser, Jessie Ventura, Paul F. Tompkins, Pauls F. Tompkins & Yogi Bear works.

Comedy Death Ray/ Comedy Bang Bang - 2 year anniversary smooch

that fan art is fucking amazing. haha.

this was probably the best format for year end wrap up yet.

are you fucking kidding me? How is it that fabrice fabrice's spoken word poem titled "table" not crack the top ten? All the ones that made the top ten deserved it and the bonus selections we all great moments, but leaving out this nick kroll bit is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I almost got fired for how hard this made me lose my shit at work. I've listened to every ep and this is THE BEST BIT. I didn't know I would have take time out of my busy life to try to make sure it would be in the top ten....I just figured that the people voting aren't fucking idiots......but they are. I've only been on this site to buy stuff but now my first post on the forums is an angry one because the voters are idiots.

The Paul Giamatti getting lost in the abyss of his own voice should've cracked the top ten as well.....but it doesn't make me as angry......

I agree with Fabrice and Giamatti not showing in the top 10, I voted for both but perhaps they're just hit or miss characters with people. The first time I heard Giamatti w/ Andy Dick and Fabrice's interaction w/ Harris and Scott I had to stop the podcast so I could even breathe. The second appearances for both weren't too far off from that, either. That aside it's a pretty solid top 10 for me. Love that Andy Daly got in as Don Dimelo twice and Chip Gardner. Would have liked to see Clive Dundee from 103 make the cut as well.

PFT on CBB will never ever not be magnificent to me.

Sign in to follow this