🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 100 — EPISODE 100!!!

It's finally here Laimewads! Our ONE HUNDREDTH EPISODE!!! We gave ourselves a gift for this milestone and his name is DOUG BENSON! He joins us for this magical occasion to talk about nicknames, embarrassing birthday traditions, the complexities of Twitter, weed, and pussy. A great big thank you to everyone who has listened to and supported Totally Laime whether you started at episode 1 or 99! Enjoy!

Congrats on hitting 100!

Really enjoyed Ep 100. Doug's reaction to the Oprah Game is definitely one of the best. Also, great sponsor this week!

I'm pretty sure the restaurant Elizabeth is talking about was called "The Ground Round". We had one here in Upstate NY for a looooong time. I would often suffer the same embarassment when I was younger, being the chubber who stepped on that awful scale and always made his parents pay more for his meal because he was too fat. I would obviously catch ridicule throughout our time there if we happened to be with other young family members, which of course was always the case. I absolutely hated going. Thanks for provoking early body judgement and ripping away all self confidence before age 10, Mom and Dad.
So I feel your pain Elizabeth. Ground Round can go suck a floppy.

Ev

I'm pretty sure the restaurant Elizabeth is talking about was called "The Ground Round". We had one here in Upstate NY for a looooong time. I would often suffer the same embarassment when I was younger, being the chubber who stepped on that awful scale and always made his parents pay more for his meal because he was too fat. I would obviously catch ridicule throughout our time there if we happened to be with other young family members, which of course was always the case. I absolutely hated going. Thanks for provoking early body judgement and ripping away all self confidence before age 10, Mom and Dad.
So I feel your pain Elizabeth. Ground Round can go suck a floppy.

Ev

Ev! Oh man, The Ground Round is absolutely right - what a nightmare! thank you for remembering what it was called. Now that there's the name with it, many clearer details of the horror are coming back. :(

Loved the podcast! Doug Benson is the greatest!

Quick note, though: In the name "Doug," both the D and the G are "hard" consonants. Maybe if you're super stoned, you slur the hell out of it somehow so that they don't register?

I went to The Ground Round once and the water tasted strongly of pickles. Never have I returned.

This is becoming one of my favorite podcasts. Doug is an excellent guest for ep. 100.
And @ Mick, what was the point of that comment? Benson is a very productive comedian, I'm not a huge fan of Brewer but seriously, uncalled for, I am disappoint!

@Elizabeth: Yes! Spot on! But my sincerest apologies for conjuring additional horrific memories for you from this horror den of childhood shame and ridicule. Although it's comforting to know that we are no longer alone in our distaste for the Ground Round and their judgemental ways. We are now united in this sacred bond.

Anyschwaaa...Keep up the good work! I'm somewhat new to the podcast but absolutely loving it! So many great guests. Can't wait to see who else comes along!

I am a huge fan of the podcast-and-stand-up Doug Benson, but I am constantly pleased with how friendly and down to earth he seems. He seems to be one of the most promotion and business savvy of most comedians, which I also find fascinating. I wish I was going on the Weezer cruise!

Great episode, Doug Benson was fantastic (as if he could be anything but). I also REALLY liked the song at the end. Where can I get more of that?

Being named "Michael" I am just automatically called "Mike" by all people. I made sure to give my children names that hopefully don't have that universally assumed nickname.

Great ep, guys! Congrats on #100!

Sign in to follow this