🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 37 — Sustainability

How much longer can this last? Not the podcast...well, I guess the podcast couldn't continue if the earth ceased to exist...is that something we should be worried about? Listen, don't worry about it, we have Green Circle Award winner Steven Yates who will help us understand fossil fuel and energy sources and swamp rock. Just relax, buy Humanitis on iTunes or Amazon, and enjoy!

I never knew I could enjoy swamp rock and riddles so much until I listened to Professor Blastoff!

please breakout into song every episode hahah that was simply amazing I look forward to this podcast the most each week keep up the fantastic work!

I have to know what lyric you said when you should have said, "take a ride on a flying spoon" because I couldn't catch what either of you said!

I love this podcast because it always reinforces the fact that farts and farting will always be funny. Whether they be by human, ocean, or earth.

Hey Blastronauts! It was such a great time recording this podcast with Tig, Kyle, David and Aaron! They were super-nice to me. Before the recording started, I got to listen in on them all talking and preparing for the show. They are all just as funny and nice "off the air" as they are on the show. They really are friends and they bust on eachother and seem so warm and nice that I hated to have my time with them end.

I hope everyone enjoys this episode. The high point for me was David reading my riddle and Kyle adding on to it. I am hoping I get invited back to contribute to another episode some day. Until then, I'll see you all down in the hatch! Swamp-rock on!

I'm @StevenEYates on twitter.

I have a great Idea for a song Paul F. Tompkins may want to sing on your show...

Great job on the show, Steven. Loved the riddle!

Hey T&K&D,

Wow-Steven Yates was one of the best guests yet, and Aaron's really gettin' the hang of the clip thing. This episode had a really good balance between guest and host input, and great chemistry all around. Plus, there was a great riddle and a short visit from Cajun Lady! Please accept your Green Circle Award, y'all...

By the way, you guys are up to the #2 result on iTunes mobile auto-search results when you get to "Professor B"...a few weeks ago, you didn't even show up until "Professor Blas"...Keep up the good work!

Yeah I think Steven was great, hopefully if he comes on again he can tone down the fan-ness and appreciate the fact that he's talent, baby.

My new favorite episode! Listening to it at work was tricky as I had to pause it and walk away from my desk several times just so I didn't collapse in a heap of giggles and embarrass myself.

"Bring out yo alligator and spank it!"

Steven was such a great guest! I laughed really hard when he ended the special hello with "from a green circle award winner." Such good timing! Give this guy his own show already! Love it!

There are SO many quotes I want to bust out in daily civilian life from Professor Blastoff, but have to hold back from because no-one will know what I'm talking about. Maybe I should just risk it and see it through and enjoy the consequences...

Also, Kyle's Swamp Rock voice hit just before I got to work which was the best bad/good timing ever- I had to compose myself a lot before I walked through that door...

Thank you so much, to all of you brave Hatch Troopers. I love you.

Swamp rock, you kidding me?

Great guest this week, he really seemed to have a good time and felt natural. His inclusion of the timely Humanitis plug was very clever.

I love that this podcast has matured nicely. I remember the original "riddle" with Dr. Coen, it's crazy to think it was just a few months ago and now they're the "Would You Rather?" of Blastoff... how could the podcast have existed without them?

This episode was my favourite so far! Steven was a great guest, everyone was on form and the subject matter was fascinating and engaging!! Love Professor B! Will keep recommending to everyone I can! Keep up the good work guys!

I think an honorary Green Circle Award should be given to the PB team. Or maybe they can get the comedy version of the award, the Burnt Sienna Circle Award? We should make it happen. It'd be nuts.

(I didn't google it so I'm really hoping this award doesn't really exist somewhere. And if it actually does, T/K/D probably deserve it).

Wow, awesome link, Cyrus. I'm kind of shocked by the results that I got, but it's good to know!

This is the second episode of Professor Blastoff I have listened to. I was pretty excited when I found out about it because I have enjoyed Tig, Kyle, and David's work when I have come across it.

Anyway, I am kind of sad because in both of the episodes I have listened to they just haven't been smart enough to address their topics enjoyably. It isn't any fun to listen to three people I like discuss stuff like sustainability at an 8th grade level. It's like someone's teenage cousin break into a conversation about the Vietnam war, just painful and awkward. I guess I am saying they should stick to talking about comedy and pop culture.

Then again, who the hell am I, right? I have no credentials and no real education. Maybe I'm just a dick. Well, unsubscribe. Sad face :-(

This is the second episode of Professor Blastoff I have listened to. I was pretty excited when I found out about it because I have enjoyed Tig, Kyle, and David's work when I have come across it.

Anyway, I am kind of sad because in both of the episodes I have listened to they just haven't been smart enough to address their topics enjoyably. It isn't any fun to listen to three people I like discuss stuff like sustainability at an 8th grade level. It's like someone's teenage cousin break into a conversation about the Vietnam war, just painful and awkward. I guess I am saying they should stick to talking about comedy and pop culture.

Then again, who the hell am I, right? I have no credentials and no real education. Maybe I'm just a dick. Well, unsubscribe. Sad face :-(

I think you're spot on. I love these comedians individually, but the premise of this podcast is such pretentious bullshit, as the input of the guests is way above Tig and Kyle's heads. At least David is enthusiastic.

Well, they mention time and time again that they are in no way professionals and have zero knowledge of any of their topics. It's a podcast filed under 'comedy'...not 'educational'...This isn't NPR Fresh Air.

Having Aaron and David with their enthusiasm to delve deeper into the topics-- creates a good balance IMO. They're a bit nerdy. Not to call Tig and Kyle dumb--but they definitely provide the humor on the podcast.

If a guest were to come on blabbing on and on about what they specialize in, I would be bored to tears...I like hearing Spanish Riddle Guy, Swamp Rock, and hearing Tig and Kyle get the trivia/word of the day wrong every once in a while.

There needs to be a balance. Earwolf doesn't want to host DRAB podcasts.

Sign in to follow this