🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 42 — Disease

This week's Professor Blastoff is the perfect accompaniment for your workout. Our guest is Alex Shady who is an expert on disease and who shares with us the scary reality of viral pandemics, the progress being made in curing once-fatal diseases, and tips for avoiding disease. Be sure to wash your hands before you listen, and check with a doctor if you've been to any Billy Joel concerts lately.

• Like 1

Kyle, have you heard the episode of "Risk" called "Outta Place" ? Girl talks about having sex, and having something inside her that scraped her partner... funny story, too.

Dear Tig & Kyle & David & Aaron and all the rest of the Riverbottom Nightmare Swamp Rock Band,

Thanks again everybody for a great show, thanks Tig for reading one of my letters(!), and thanks Dr. Shady for your fight against airborne pathogens both down under and up above. Kyle's stories and riddles are always a highlight, and now I can't hear rhyming poetry without thinking of ways to make the words rhyme with "buses", "sashes", or "and then!" Also, it sounds like Kyle and I had a very similar "first" experience, though it did not lead to a Billy Joel concert in my case.

Jamey

Austin, TX

Kyle's stories are always funny, but this one was just especially great. "And what got me onto that stage, what propelled me... was that I was sure I was dying of AIDS." Did not see that coming.

professor_r__l__blastoff_by_theearwolfdeviantart-d4psbxq.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, It was neat how Kyle's concert story reveled that he is dating Sarah Silverman.

Good One.

Wow, what a great episode! It had it all: a riddle, Swamp Rock, Cajun Lady and even a mention of yours truly and the Green Circle Award! Thanks to Jamey for the love and to Tig for reading Jamey's message!

Disease is interesting when it comes to wiping out people because a certain disease will kill those individuals who are susceptible to it and leave the rest to reproduce future generations who are not and thereby kill off the disease (to some extent). In the same way, Purell kills 100% of certain germs leaving lots less competition for the surviving germs.

Drain the bayou and make a gumbo with Cajun spices and SWAMP ROCK!

As a Public Investegator, I cracked the Silverman-Dunnigan case months ago. They had an appearance on The Todd Glass Show....that sealed it.

As if that didn't seal it, episode 43. of PB sealed it too... Good for them. They make a great couple.

Kyle's stories are always funny, but this one was just especially great. "And what got me onto that stage, what propelled me... was that I was sure I was dying of AIDS." Did not see that coming.

professor_r__l__blastoff_by_theearwolfdeviantart-d4psbxq.jpg

I'm sorry. I can't get over this drawing. It's f-ing amazing.

Been blasting through this podcast in the last week or so. I LOVE IT!!!

But...

I'm only 42 episodes in, so maybe this isn't a thing anymore, but the harmonzing thing guys.

The first time it was actually hilarious because it sounded perfect and was amazing.

But now every episode ends with the most cringing horrible sound in the world spewing out of Kyle's mouth. Multiple times!!!!

Please no more. I have to skip the end of episodes, it makes me want to claw my face off.

Other than that, excellent work guys. Awesome podcast. Cool beer.