🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 65.5 — 3/2/2012 TWO CHARTED

Fuck yeah, it's time for Two Charted! Join us this week for a journey through Kulap's weekly obsessions and Howard's top musical happenings of the week. It's the only podcast that cares equally about the building of the pyramids as the relevance of Limp Bizkit. From David Wain to Paris Hilton, finish your week with a double shot of charts!

Oh man, Dustin! Throwing out some love for Wes Borland's Big Dumb Face!

Love their concept album, and wish you would've shared the title of it on air— "Duke Lion Fights the Terror!!"

For those who don't know about Duke Lion:

He's the son of man and god and lion.

He's the one who keeps the good from dying.

His golden sword

Can crush the horde.

He fights for good for free he's not for hire.

Some primo tracks include 'Burgalveist,' 'Duke Lion,' and 'Blood Red Head On Fire.'

My friend in art school introduced me to the band, and I was skeptical, having never enjoyed Limp Bizkit. Soon enough our entire group of friends were loving it. My friend even started sketching up his own renditions of the characters in the album, such as the titular protagonist, Duke Lion. We all liked his versions more than the actual album art, so I colored them and made us all new iTunes album art.

Props to Dustin for bringing them up! Definitely worth a listen.

Borland described it as a "love letter to Ween" but, I used to get so stoned and map out the story of that album in my Dad's basement.

Mighty Penus Lazer!!!!!

• Like 1

Kulap, I'm pretty sure you can never make fun of Howard's pronunciation ever again, because you just pronounced "pseudo" as "soda" in this episode.

• Like 2

"If not aliens..."

wow...Kulap...come on.

• Like 1

I really felt for Howard when Kulap and Dustin teamed up against him. Simply repeating exactly what you heard on one TV show about aliens on the "History" channel doesn't make you correct just because Howard didn't immediately have an answer for how the pyramids were built. None of you are experts on the subject.

Here's a video of a grandfather moving all kinds of giant blocks in his backyard with simple contraptions that could have been built in the era of the pyramids. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4) Imagine if you had thousands of slaves to work these devices. Now I know you might say that I can't prove that this is how the pyramids or stonehedge was build, I would argue that this presents more reliable evidence than simply saying we don't know enough about the past so aliens did it.

• Like 1

I am sincerely hoping this drawing can get me some of those sweet sweet Bruce Springsteen rocks.

Who Charted Dance Party (Prince, Kulap, Howard, Bruce)

• Like 2

Borland described it as a "love letter to Ween" but, I used to get so stoned and map out the story of that album in my Dad's basement.

Mighty Penus Lazer!!!!!

can't believe anyone else still talks about this album. haha.

still very amusing

Howard, your theme is good stuff buddy.

I feel so bad that Wanderlust didn't do well. It was a really funny movie, definitely enjoyable if you like anything Wain/Marino/etc. have done.

A Byerly's reference Kulap? Every time I visit Minnesota I have to go to one.

It seems a LOT more likely that Egyptian engineers found ways to use lots of slave labor to do what they needed to do (pointing a monunment at a star isn't that tough) than that aliens have managed to visit, but just decided to build 'mids and split.

• Like 2

This "aliens are another, potential explination for human development" stuff sounds EXACTLY like the argument for putting intelligent design into schools. Don't scare me like that, Kulap. Also, it's pronounced "lam-basted" as in the egyptian cat god "Bast" or sounds like "mast". Glad my very first post could be a bunch of pedantic bullshit. Keep up the good work, you two! This is my 2nd-favorite EW podcast behind the mothership.

• Like 1

Here's a picture of Dustin...

i-dont-care-what-you-say-ancient-fucking-aliens.jpg

• Like 5

Well of course someone named "Mason" and the Harvard Magazine don't want us to know the truth about the pyramids! Can we get Joe Rogan on Who Charted to settle this?

• Like 1

Boooo...I would also like to express my disappointment in the fact that Kulap seems so invested in asinine conspiracy theories. Oh well, no one is perfect.

• Like 1

I also love there are Big DUMB Face fans on here. All the tweets and e-mails and compliments keep me going. Thanks for the love and kindness 99% of the time everybody!

A-fucking men on Kulap's words on Chris Brown. She put that perfectly.

I also registered specifically to say that it was painful to hear such ignorant garbage coming from Kulap. Nice to hear that Howard wasn't buying it, and made fun of her for her ridiculous beliefs.

I really thought that South Park had cleared this up already

tumblr_lugqvqg6bC1r1bcmho1_500.jpg

They have shown how the pyramids could have been built and the ancient Greeks had a vast knowledge of space even to this day a lot of what we know comes from there theories. Hipparchus measured, with remarkable accuracy, the directions of objects in the sky. He compiled the first catalog of stars, containing about 850 entries. He recorded each star's celestial coordinates, indicating its position in the sky. So they could have lined them up also it could just be a coincidence there are a lot of stars

Love the podcast, but that pyramid stuff was really embarassing.

Sign in to follow this