🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 17 — Chili and Cigarettes

Surprise! You are listening to impov4humans, a playground where all are welcome, even those with fat ankles. Matt Besser, Kevin Dorff, Paul Rust, and Alex Fernie are here to improvise scenes to make your long waits in traffic, the post office, and coffee shops fly by.Pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

I think the autograph-seeker was just a kid collecting celebrity photos. I used to mail baseball cards to hundreds of players when I was a kid, hoping to get them back signed. I'm sure Jose Offerman knows he wasn't actually my 'All-Time Favorite Baseball Man!!!!'

Yeah that sounded like a form letter.

Dear <BLANK>

You have always been one of my favorite <BLANK> for many years, and you have always brought <BLANK> to my <BLANK>. I especially loved your work in <BLANK>, <BLANK> and your tremendous <BLANK> in the fantastic <BLANK>. If you would be so <BLANK> as to <BLANK> to me a <BLANK> <BLANK>, I will be forever <BLANK>.

Yours <BLANK>,

Spencer

I'm not ashamed to say that I went out and bought muffins because of this episode...

I look forward to every Thursday because I know I get to listen to a new improv4humans podcast. I have listened to all of them at least twice and a few times ("juiced up", "Mr. Curator", "Belly Button Whore") the show has caused me to laugh so hard I cried here at my desk at work and I had to turn it off. I love this show.

:lol: <--- self portrait of me listening

Now that I've said good things...it was not a good show today. The first one I didn't finish, or enjoy really. There was just an overall lack of creativity to the games and somewhat stilted energy. Using the ankle thing as it was told in the monologue was boring and the best part of the car shitter was that it turned into the face borrower. The initiator in the 3rd scene was awkwardly setting it up and a minute in it still wasn't clear if they were at a post office or a guy's house. It sounded like the other performer was put in the spot where he had to define the unusual aspect of it. I just couldn't get into listening today and I am sorry I've only written on a day I'm complaining about a free show I listen to religiously.

Hilarious episode! But now I have a certain ringtone haunting my head:

Doobuhdee doobuhdee doobuhdee DOO!

• Like 1

I loved this episode! I almost immediately started re-listening to it after it was over.

• Like 1

I remember reading that the inspiration for RZa's 'Bobby Digital' came to him while he was smoking sherm, which apparently became a drug of choice for RZA. Here are some excerpts from the Tao of Wu where he discusses those days:

• On becoming the superhero called Bobby Digital, splitting his identity, and permanently relocating to LA: "I hung out in the hood in South Central, puffin' weed, smoking sherm sticks, taking mushrooms, kicking it with the Black Knights [...]. I was teaching them Mathematics [the Nation of Islam's system of religious numerology] but also exposing them to my lifestyle--they were living the life of a hip-hop star through me, but they didn't have a record out."
  • From his LA base, the RZA/Bobby Digital became a class-morphing jet-setter: "One day you're at [his ex-wife's] home in New Jersey having dinner with your family--which I tried to keep together. The next you're in L.A., staying in the Presidential Suite of the Chateau Marmont. You got pounds of weed, bottles of sherm, and you're about to go out with a club with five girls. They're all yours, baby, and two of them are sisters--and I don't mean black girls, I mean siblings."
  • Eventually, the Bobby Digital thing got too weird even for the RZA: "I definitely took that game to the extreme. I took it to the point where I was getting ready to roll out at night on some Green Hornet shit: had a suit built for me like the Dark Knight's--literally invulnerable to .45 bullets and knives--had that Suburban, which I called the Black Tank, made AK- and bombproof up to government-security-level standards. I even had a butler almost ready to act as my Kato."

The day RZA shot with us he also brought along the Black Knights of the North Star and Killarmy. Comedy Central had a limo pick them up and take them home after filming. Later we were told that the Black Knights smoked a lot of "something" in the back of the limo and kicked out one of the windows.

• Like 1

"Just singin' along to your ringtone, babe!"

Paul Rust was hilarious. Great episode!

Sign in to follow this