🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 52 — Tig is Back!

It's been a long 6 weeks in the hatch without her, but Tig is back!  Tig shares stories with us about her last two difficult months and her gratitude for good friends and fans.  Today's episode is another free for all of sorts, as we also discuss dentists, automatic cars, and Kyle's grandma explains how to use a cell phone.

• Like 1

The weeks without Tig have left a giant hole in my heart. With her back, I feel like I can continue living with purpose. Welcome back Tig.

THE RETURN! hearing tig talk about her situation made me tear.. glad shes back.

• Like 1

Frederick, Johnny and Billy tooth trio Should be added to the Best of Clips....

Elated that Tig has returned. Love her to pieces...

Kyle is a gem for supporting her through these tough times and knowing the right things to say. Rock on, Kyle.

Aaron, congrats on your CD.

And, David?..... see you in June. B)

• Like 1

Yay, it's like having one of your best friends in middle school come back from having strep throat. I love that it's a free-for-all too, as I was just listening to the one that gave us New-Thoughter Kids last night.

• Like 1

Wow. What an amazingly moving episode. I had to stop it a few times to keep myself from crying in front of my girls. Welcome back Tig.

• Like 1

As I was listening to this episode, I really just wanted to hug all of the guys (and especially the girl). Even though it was a “topic-less” episode, it was really about loss and grieving. I will resist my inclination to make this about me or to invoke my religious faith and just say how special it was to be let into the inner feelings of Tig, Kyle, David and Aaron this week.

First, Tig, I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the shock and sadness you have gone through and will continue to deal with. To have that on top of your illness is really almost more than one could bear. I am sending you all my love and best wishes as you recover. You are a remarkably strong person to have dealt with that all mostly on your own. I could never have done that.

To Kyle, David and Aaron, thank you for being there for Tig. She is lucky to have such wonderful, supportive friends. Kyle, you must be an unbelievably supportive person to have been there on the phone with TIg when her mom passed. Your story about your father was terribly sad. I choked back tears several times as I listened.

Loss and grieving and mourning are things that we must all go through, but are seldom spoken about. I am sure that this episode will be a comfort to the listeners now and in the future.

Well, I think I’ll put on my calba-hat, wrangle my baby teeth and get a ruth canal. Mostively, that is what I wanted to say.

Long distance hugs to all in the hatch. Well, that's been comment.

• Like 2

Also, nice Pinback shirt, David. Underrated band.

I haven't swung that hard from huge belly laughs to crying in as long as I can remember. Thanks for sharing that story, Tig. You guys are all fantastic!

• Like 3

So great to hear Tig is well! Welcome back!

You should try mushrooms, man. They're amazing.

Your handle. Too funny.

• Like 1

It was all I could do to stop myself from losing it this morning as I listened to this week's episode on my way to work. I can't believe how hard the past few months have been for Tig and her family. Thank you so, so much to you all down there in the hatch for today's episode- it moved me in ways I didn't think a podcast could, and I just wanted to come on and express my gratitude for your openness and for sharing it on Professor Blastoff. Huge love to you Tig, and to all of you over there. You're the greatest.

mind hugs to everyone. thanks for making us all laugh so damn hard even when tragedy occurs.

I'm so happy to see Tig back. Although my heart is breaking for her.

I was wondering how PBO was going to address Tig's mom's death. I commend Tig for being so open and honest. I never would have been able to get through that without breaking down like 10 times. I lost my father in a very similiar way as Kyle when I was 26 and I'm currently on barely speaking terms with my mom, Tigs speach about making amends really hit home.

• Like 3

This episode made me cry and makes me proud to know the entire PB gang. Thanks guys!

• Like 4

Man that was intense. Thank you for the brave and honest account of such a heartbreaking story. It provided some much needed perspective today. The friendship you all share is a beautiful one.

• Like 1

This episode hit me on a visceral level. Tig, thanks for sharing your story.

This episode made me cry and makes me proud to know the entire PB gang. Thanks guys!

Do you know if Tig has to avoid alcohol/yeast/fried foods/etc for the rest of her life or if she's eventually "in the clear"? That was something I thought about a lot at the end of the show. Obviously she's already been through a hellacious stretch but that seems like yet another major task, to have to place such a strict policy on one's lifestyle from this point forward.

• Like 1

Do you know if Tig has to avoid alcohol/yeast/fried foods/etc for the rest of her life or if she's eventually "in the clear"? That was something I thought about a lot at the end of the show. Obviously she's already been through a hellacious stretch but that seems like yet another major task, to have to place such a strict policy on one's lifestyle from this point forward.

I was wondering that too. :(

This was a beautiful, and at times devastating, episode. Tig's courage and honesty are profound. Kyle, too, deserves great respect for delving into painful moments in turn. David and Aaron are at least present, I guess. No, I love the way they love. The circle is complete with Tig's return. SO glad. The funny can wait (tho a lot of this was pretty funny).

Oddly enough, this episode WAS good time. Take care, all.

Sign in to follow this