🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 103 — Monkey Trumpet

Konichiwa! Between the bath salts diet and strip club lap sores, we're keeping it health concious on the calming shores. Janet Varney joins us to discuss online gambling, cherry spitting, and topless TV scenes. Plus, a Sklarbro Country first! We have Steven Seagal on the line! Be sure to pick up your tickets to see Sklarbro Country live at Montreal’s Just for Laughs Festival on July 25 and at Denver’s Comedy Works on July 27 and 28.

This seals the deal. Janet is one of the best out there currently. I think she ended up being the highlight of Burning Love and once more her timing on today's show showed just how amazing she is.

Fan for life.

• Like 2

This seals the deal. Janet is one of the best out there currently. I think she ended up being the highlight of Burning Love and once more her timing on today's show showed just how amazing she is.

Hey! Hands off!

Not only is she exceptionally funny and whip-smart, but also quite striking. My comedy crush was fortified with "Burning Love." Like you said, Ms. Varney was absolutely fantastic. I hope she keeps coming back to Earwolf.

• Like 1

One of the Sklars (I still can't tell their voices apart) kissed Janet Varney?!?

tumblr_m6t3kwT7Cv1rv3b62o1_500.gif

Lucky SOB...

Hey! Hands off!

Not only is she exceptionally funny and whip-smart, but also quite striking. My comedy crush was fortified with "Burning Love." Like you said, Ms. Varney was absolutely fantastic. I hope she keeps coming back to Earwolf.

The way her storyline ended on the final episode was priceless. "I'm all broken up inside" or whatever she said...just perfect.

• Like 1

And by the way. Segal. Please...PLEASE, have Dan do him much more often. The Kon'nichiwa to start was great (I loved that the Sklars had trouble keeping it together), but when he started ordering the donuts, I lost it.

• Like 1

Great episode! I loved Janet Varney in this episode! So much so that I started to watch Burning Love, and subscribed to her podcast. Speaking of subscribing to podcasts, about a year ago I hadn't heard of Earwolf, or any of these amazing podcasts. I heard the Sklars hosting for Rome one day and checked out their podcast. That lead me to the Earwolf world and eventually to the 15 or so podcasts that I listen to on a regular basis now. So thanks Sklars for introducing me to Professor Blastoff, Comedy Bang Bang, and so many other great shows and comedians.

• Like 2

The way her storyline ended on the final episode was priceless. "I'm all broken up inside" or whatever she said...just perfect.

'I don't know how I'm going to get over Mark. I guess I'll give it a try.' Completely deadpan and just total BS. Loved it. She was brilliant on BL, so glad she made it the furthest. Just a delight to see on screen.

• Like 1

'I don't know how I'm going to get over Mark. I guess I'll give it a try.' Completely deadpan and just total BS. Loved it. She was brilliant on BL, so glad she made it the furthest. Just a delight to see on screen.

I think the part that made me laugh the hardest is the scene where he is trying to kiss her in the sauna and she just keeps pushing her forehead further down. She is brilliant.

Hey! Hands off!

Did you see the BL episode today? Looks like she's found the 'one'.

So much fun listening to Janet chat with the brothers. I always liked her on "Dinner and a Movie," and I'm glad SF Sketchfest is having such success. Also, her RiffTrax of "The Lost Boys" is one of the best on their roster.

I agree with Janet -- Steven needs to get the Boston Creme donut.

Did you see the BL episode today? Looks like she's found the 'one'.

I didn't even know there was another. Thanks for the heads up. Small part for Janet, but her, "I said NO!" got a chuckle.

• Like 1

I didn't even know there was another. Thanks for the heads up. Small part for Janet, but her, "I said NO!" got a chuckle.

I want to see her get a spinoff show where she looks for love.

• Like 1

When Reba McIntyre's current show gets canned, I have a pitch for her next project that would be perfect for Janet to make good on her promise:

"A plucky, sassy ex-bartender from Texas inherits a fortune when her now-deceased-husband's construction business is liquidated. She decides to cut ties, move to LA and pursue her lifelong dream of owning her own cantina.

Watch "Rebar" every Friday night at 10:30, only on CMT-AfterHours."

Sign in to follow this