🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 86.5 — 7/27/2012 TWO CHARTED 25

It's quite a contrast between the charts this week. Kulap teaches us to live life to the fullest by covering the top five regrets of the dying. (Oh fuck yeah, she went there.) While Howard teaches us to live life to the fullest by recapping his bathing suit weekend. If you want to have an epic bathing suit weekend, don't forget to RSVP for Howard’s Summahfest on July 28 in Hollywood.

"Even to me, this is barely at all coherant."

Never change, Howard.

• Like 5

Howard's voice during the square-space ad is awesome

Today's ep was deeeeep.

I guess I'm weird because I happen to genuinely love what I do for a living so I'm fairly sure that when I finally expire at the age of 126 my dying breath will be "I wish I had spent more time at the office."

I liked when Kulap talked about being annoyed by people that everyone else seem to like. That feeling can be maddening.

Kulap used both LCD Soundsystem and Ryan Adams as her chart intro themes and now we need to hang out.

Also she sounds eerily like a Tara Strong character during the Squarespace commercial.

Finally a Chris Gore awfulness-acknowledgement.

• Like 8

Chris Gore comment...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAAAAAAAAAAP GURRLFRIEND!!

It was wonderful.

• Like 3

I must have missed the Gore comment. What did she say?

Around the 48 minute mark, Kulap tells Howard "You're not even trying to run game and you're running game. You're like...a good version of Chris Gore." Followed by laughter from everyone in the studio.

Am I the only one who thinks Howard should check missed connections? Maybe he can get a chance to redeem himself! ;)

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks Howard should check missed connections? Maybe he can get a chance to redeem himself! ;)

You probably are. "My friend is in a great relationship and I just want someone to love me" is the mating call of crazy people.

• Like 1

Around the 48 minute mark, Kulap tells Howard "You're not even trying to run game and you're running game. You're like...a good version of Chris Gore." Followed by laughter from everyone in the studio.

Ha ha, that's awesome.

So I had a dream last night where I was in bed with Kulap. NOT LIKE THAT! Kulap, a friend of mine (who I actually did go to college with), and I were in college and were in her dorm room. We were sitting on the bed eating stuff from that new Burger King "barbecue" menu and I spilled some of the sauce on the bed. Even though we were in college, she was apparently already married to Scott, because we joked that he would be mad about it making a stain. And then later it was just my friend and I, and we were lamenting that they were closing a Blockbuster near Scott & Kulap's house (I guess this part took place in present day).

On a more serious note, the Ku chart was really great. Having heard her on Mental Illness Happy Hour and You Made it Weird, I know she's capable of that level of depth, but Wie surprised me a bit (I probably shouldn't be surprised, we just never see that side of him), and I loved that they were both able to inject the usual moments of silliness. And Wie's coffee shop story was genuinely painful (in an endearing way).

Kulap's voice during the Squarespace ad sounds like Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls! Terrifiic!

Sign in to follow this