🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 5 — Observing

The dads are here to remind you to keep your eyes peeled on this week’s Love, Dad! Dave & Jeff kick things off with a clean joke of the week and then help a listener in need of some fatherly advice. They also discuss observing other parents and the different ways they interact with their children. That’s not all, here are Jeff’s Huffington Post Canada interview and Dave’s Kansas City Star interview.

• Like 1

I am a father of four and I love this podcast. On the topic of exercise and eating healthy I agree that if you start exercising you start having better habits in other areas. I have found that if I eat a lot of junk food I feel terrible when I run, so I cut a lot of junk out of my diet. I have felt so much better. I try not to be super strict with myself, but I try to keep desserts like cookies, cake, candy, etc... out of my daily diet as much as possible. Now I need to start developing better sleep habits so I am not so tired at 5am when I go running.

Dking27: You go running at 5AM!? I started eating healthy and running every other day a few months ago. I'm down from 250lbs to 220lbs so far. My goal is 200. I've also notice my energy level and overall motivation to accomplish things has gone up. Also, I miss Ben&Jerry's.

Dking27: i agree that generally, if you start exercising, other healthy habits can follow (this year, i got back to bike riding after having not ridden much since my first son was born 5 years ago...and i've cut back quite a bit on the junk food). but i also see Jeff's point, considering my father-in-law claims to be a health nut, exercising regularly and eating healthy, but he's also a heavy smoker and drinker! (and, having said that, isn't in particularly good shape anymore)

Jeff and Dave, i've really been enjoying the podcast. i just caught up tonight, and it's so refreshing listening to you guys talk about fatherhood. i've been having a bit of a rough time lately...my two boys (5 & 2) are both wonderful, sweet and smart kids, but they also drive me crazy all the time! they fight with each other, and whine and throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way. we're a single-income household, and my work schedule is pretty hectic, so it puts a lot of pressure on me. and of course, because of that hectic work schedule, they don't get to see me as much as they'd like, so when i'm home it's "daddy daddy daddy!" and that causes me to get less sleep, and be more stressed out and more irritable...just a vicious circle!

sorry for rambling, all this is my long way of saying that listening to you guys puts things into perspective a bit: none of us are perfect, but our goals are commendable: we WANT to be good dads, and that means a lot, considering there are a lot of people out there who don't even seem to want that. i think just about every episode has given me at least a nugget of wisdom to carry forward. keep up the great work!

Sign in to follow this