🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 4 — Ginger Pride

Yo, what up y'all! Our guest Howard Kremer helps us explore the topic of red head discrimination and answer the question if there is such a thing as red-headed solidarity/ginger pride. If you want to leave us an equally befuddling message, call 323-389-7223. Peace.

I started noticing this banal ginger-bashing after South Park did some episode about it. I guess they lost the audio track of Cartman saying "Jew" for twenty-two minutes and had to replace it with something else.

Gingers getting a bit of stick at school or whatever has been around forever. If you're different, you generally get bullied and that's that. It's not something South Park invented.

I'd say ginger solidarity might exist to some extent if you are really connected to your Irish or Scottish heritage, other than that I doubt most gingers have the same kind of cultural overlap as black people or other minorities. However, obviously gingers don't have to endure anywhere near the same level of discrimination and prejudice, so I'd say ginger pride is indirectly racist by belittling black pride.

If it does exist it'd probably be only between redheaded dudes because, as Howard can confirm, the red headed ladies are instantly exotically sexy. Discrimination works against the red dudes but in favour of the red ladies.

We don't really believe this guy do we? That ALL the time he gets nods from redheads which must be a show of solidarity? Maybe it's just me, but for me, this call is 100% BS

• Like 1

The only solidarity is when we complain about all the weird questions we get. That "ginger" thing was around it England for years before South Park got did it. I am of German-English heritage.

I'd say ginger solidarity might exist to some extent if you are really connected to your Irish or Scottish heritage, other than that I doubt most gingers have the same kind of cultural overlap as black people or other minorities. However, obviously gingers don't have to endure anywhere near the same level of discrimination and prejudice, so I'd say ginger pride is indirectly racist by belittling black pride.

How does it belittle black pride?

Sign in to follow this