🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 7 — White Rappers & the N-Word

Yo, what up Tuesday heads! Our guest Jon Daly tells us about being in a PBS documentary about white rappers as part of the rap group Cracked Out and helps us explore the topic of white rappers saying the n-word. Send us a voicemail at 323-389 RACE.

I do think it would be better as a weekly half-hour podcast where the host and the guest just riff on a series of calls and topics. That way it wouldn't be as noticeable when you revisit a topic.

• Like 5

I do think it would be better as a weekly half-hour podcast where the host and the guest just riff on a series of calls and topics. That way it wouldn't be as noticeable when you revisit a topic.

I have to agree. The show is great, but that would make it even better.

• Like 2

Agreed. Or even a 45 minute podcast. I really like Andrew Ti's stuff and the guests have obviously been great so far, but the episodes seem to end just as they're building momentum. I'd much rather it be one long, weekly piece where they can get a flow going and really let the conversation take off. And then you'd be able to avoid repetition and have more of a chance to talk about interesting anecdotes (like today's PBS documentary story) and spin off into semi-racism-related stuff like pagers and Space Jam and DEEZ NUTZ.

WHO'S WITH US???

• Like 5

I don't think that Cracked Out is in any way racist. It's just a couple of comedians, playing characters that rap. Plus there are plenty of white people that act like that and talk like that... So it's not out of the realm of possibilities that two white rappers would talk like that.

Basically, I always saw it as Brett and Jon simply mocking rappers (while actually enjoying getting a chance to rap). I never saw it as mocking black people or anything like that.

I don't think that Cracked Out is in any way racist. It's just a couple of comedians, playing characters that rap. Plus there are plenty of white people that act like that and talk like that... So it's not out of the realm of possibilities that two white rappers would talk like that.

Basically, I always saw it as Brett and Jon simply mocking rappers (while actually enjoying getting a chance to rap). I never saw it as mocking black people or anything like that.

I agree. This show is good. Longer and less episodes would be titty-sprinkles.

I do think it would be better as a weekly half-hour podcast where the host and the guest just riff on a series of calls and topics.

That seems like a great idea. Also, I'd like it if the host researched topics a bit more. I know it is a comedy podcast, but a little preperation doesn't hurt. Take Two Charted for example, it deals with a subject matter that is much less serious, but Kulap & Howard seem to do research every week.

I never saw Cracked Out as being racist, either. To me it just seemed like it was making fun of white rappers, and how they make idiots of themselves by trying to copy black people.

I do agree though, that a longer format weekly podcast would probably be more enjoyable than the daily snippets we get now. I understand that Earwolf probably wants to experiment with more different kinds of podcasts, but this really seems like one that would work better if it were one big conversation.

Sign in to follow this