🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 182 — Repeat Your Keyword

It’s more Bang Bang for your buck buck on today’s special Wednesday episode of Comedy Bang Bang! Friend of the show and star of the upcoming film The Comedy, Tim Heidecker returns to tell us about the failed pilot of his popular comic strip Stitches, gives us a little insight on his upcoming film The Comedy, and talks about his opportunity to portray Paul Rodgers in the forthcoming Bad Company quadrilogy. Newcomers Arthur Steinborn & Diane stop by to share their favorite Stitches comic strips, we try to find Diane a date, and Arthur explains his system to remember anyone’s name. Jackpot.

What ...

... the ...

... HECK YES PLEASE!!!

• Like 1

Man, Scott lobbed that meatball of a Dire Straits joke right in the strike zone and Tim missed it.

I loved everybody sharing their favorite Stitches comic strips. I wish they'd put them out in a Calvin and Hobbes style collection, but unlike Calvin and Hobbes I'd buy it.

I never got Heidecker until I saw him on the Comedy Bang Bang tour. Then I got it. I am excited for this episode. I also adore Lauren Lapkus.

Predictions on how long till an artistic fan realizes Stitches?

Saturday Afternoon

I was about to write a very angry letter to Tim Heidecker regarding his lack of British accent whilst depicting Paul Rodgers. But then Tim acknowledged that he is still developing the character of Paul Rodgers, and as Tim makes progress Tim will eventually portray Paul Rodgers with a proper British accent. And so I hereby forgive Tim Heidecker.

Peace has returned to the land. The only loser in this scenario is Stamps.com, because now I cannot write and send that angry letter. But Stamps.com, I will definitely think of you the next time a celebrity says or does something that makes me angry.

• Like 2

This episode reminds me of the time Stitches was walking down the street, saw two sausage links, then looked up and said, "Ay dios mio."

• Like 4

Ms. Lapkus appears to find the phrase "zero dollars" amusing, and so do I!

My favorite Stitches is the one where he finds two tall stacks of bones right next to each other that topple, and then he looks at the camera with a tear in his eye and says "Never forget." I was amazed at how a simple little strip could be so poignant and touching.

• Like 5

The only Stitches strip I didn't like was the one where it starts with him holding a cell phone hitting the "Now" button on the popcorn.com app, then he gets handed a gallon of popcorn, then he looks at the camera and says "Check please!" It seemed like a shameless use of product placement on Tim's part, and I really didn't think the punchline made any sense.

• Like 1

Wengert's memory system stuff was amazing.

Heidecker continues to be the least funny CBB regular by a wide margin.

I always love Tim's appearances, but for me, the moment I almost drove off the road from laughter was:

"Bobby"... "Ok deep breath... replace the b. Replace the o. replace the bs. replace the y... ok.... "YOUR NAME IS ZAZZU".

In fact the whole mental tricks thing was just great - having tried a few of those "systems" in the past, they always seemed to be so much more complex than just... well... remembering.

Thanks for the double down!

• Like 6

I always feel so stupid when Tim comes on. I know everyone else gets it and loves it, but I don't and it makes me feel like a comedy moron. I almost never laugh when he's on. =(

• Like 1

Heidecker won me over when he and Eric did that Popcorn.com bit when he and Eric were on. I thought this episode was great. I loved the Stiches stuff, but laughed even more at TIm talking about how him and his old high school friends knocked out a list of the 100 best films before having dinner on a destination vaction to Vegas.

The other two guests were great too. The memory system was amazing. I want to see that binder!

Does Scott not realize that he came up with the perfect catch phrase when he said "More bang bang for your buck buck"?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this