🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9 — Casual Vomiting

The super talented actress/musician/artist Alia Shawkat sits down to chat on this week’s Nocturnal Emotions! Alia talks about shooting scenes for the upcoming season of Arrested Development with an ostrich, having Quentin Tarantino jokingly berate her shoes, and the inspiration behind her interview with herself. Alia also shares some embarrassing stories such as getting drunk at the Golden Globes at 16 and getting overly dressed up for an animated voiceover audition. Plus, Alia & Har Mar lay out the groundwork for Weekend at Bernie’s on Broadway during Let’s Create A Show and play a game of Let Me Ruin Your Favorite Song with Sam Cooke’s "(What a) Wonderful World." Be sure to check out Alia’s artwork at mutantalia.com

Sean I would just like to say to you well done. Out of all the great new shows on the ew yours really does stand out. I had not heard your music before I started listening to the show, now har mar pandora's on at my restaurant every day. You bring a very joyful and genuine take on the interview game, and I hope you keep doing it for a long long time. Peace.

• Like 1

Sorry to say, but I hated the hell out of this episode, though it could make one heck of a drinking game: take a drink every time Alia says "rad," take two ever time she mentions getting drunk or stoned.

Most shameful part of the show: the confusion about Raymond Pettibon's brother. For the record, Greg Ginn (the founder of Black Flag) is Raymond Pettibon's brother, and he's certainly not in OFF. Hipster namechecking is SUPER-RAD, but know your facts before encroaching on other peoples' subculture,ok?

Sign in to follow this