🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 30 — Jewish Intro & Oriental Broads

Andrew Ti and guest Jenny Slate answer two questions from a very creepy caller. They discuss the use of the phrase oriental broads, being introduced as Jewish, and massage parlor happy endings. Tell us the history of the hand job and ask us if anything is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

Part of me wants to think some of these callers are putting on an act, but only because I'm trying to picture the sort of person who calls in to a podcast called "Yo, Is This Racist?"

Yo, I once had a co-worker get offended at my referring to his Filipino wife as "Asian" and I suspect that she would have had the same response. His complaint was that the Philippines are not in Asia. My counter was that there is a difference between race and nationality but he wasn't having it. Anyway, IMNSHO Oriental, though archaic, is no different than Asian. They both refer to a place of origin in which the race is no longer confined. So I'm still stymied as to why it's racist. (Oh shit. I bet "stymied" has racist origins).

P.S. Yo, isn't it racist that you two assumed that because the caller was getting a massage from an "Oriental broad" that his comment about an "angry ending" was anything more than a lame pun? Or am I just naive to believe it possible that he wasn't there for a hand-job?

^^^ this guy is the caller ^^^

Imagine being the poor woman who has to jerk off this mutant. There's no way you call a woman an oriental to her face unless you mean to demean her. You can't be that fucking clueless.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this