🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 14 — 90’s Rock Retrospective

Musician, raconteur, and Jake’s longtime friend Ben Lee drops by to look back at 90s ROCK on today’s episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Ben reminisces with Jake about their teenage years, tells us about his past love for tape trading, and describes how his spiritual journey translated into his new record “Ayahuasca: Welcome to the Work.” Jake and Ben discuss moments in 90’s Rock with some clips which include; the important musical innovation of the Grunge Pedal, the return of Bev & Bob with Bob covering a 90’s classic, and Kenneth Key Kallenbach on Howard Stern’s Channel 9 TV show. Make sure to go leave reviews for tupperware and novelty toys in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes.

I love that Nirvana clip! It's also on Live! Tonight! Sold Out! which is amazing.

I wonder of Bob sings that song to Bev in the boudoir?

I miss Mark Ibold a whole lot. I remember seeing this around that time- maybe on 120 minutes- and being blown away by the idea of hanging out in Thurston's back yard with those people.

On Thursday (no joke), I was in a restaurant and asked the woman to which I'm married to check on her computer if the new Fogelnest Files was out. That's when "My Wife" said "No Wi-Fi."

I started laughing, and she said she hated me.

• Like 2

Thank you bringing in Ben Lee. Not only is Ben a great writer but a great storyteller.

That 120 Minutes clip kills me. I used to known Frank Black when I lived in the SF Valley and was the sweeetest person ever. I remember telling him I saw that night and he said something to the effect he didn't give a shit about being there but he had some fun.

And thanks for bringing back some serious memories with the old WWOR Howard Stern shows. I used to stay up until 2am when they came on the West Coast.

Sign in to follow this