🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 18 — Yo, Is This Racist?

Yo, what up race cars! Special guest Paul F. Tompkins stops by to help Andrew Ti solve racism. Along their journey they answer questions regarding how to address people of color, society’s view on slavery today, Native American sports mascots, using the word gypped, and revisit the topic of of white people doing Hip-Hop covers. Also, Paul tells us how Christmas got him into Andrew’s blog, Andrew gives a new proposal to all white people considering to continue covering Hip-Hop with their ukeleles, Paul makes an appeal to all racists, and both Paul & Andrew pitch a sequel to Looper. Be sure to call us and ask a question about whether or not something is racist at 323-389 RACE unless it’s about white rappers. Be sure to subscribe to the Yo Is This Racist feed on Earwolf and iTunes to catch new episodes of the show! Peace.

If the NFL did change the Redskins' logo to a potato that would be so awesome! Great episode guys, loved the Star Trek reference as well.

Thnk you both for letting me know about this "Star Track." Gonna have to check it out. And also I guess I'll stop being so fucking racist.

Also also, PFT is right and "you people" is perfect.

So why is this on Earwolf Presents when it's an older episode of a regular podcast?

• Like 2

So why is this on Earwolf Presents when it's an older episode of a regular podcast?

I think they did a similar thing with Nerd Poker, albeit an episode 1-2 weeks old rather than a month or so. They've also done with the premiere episodes of some new regular shows. My guess is that it makes new shows more visible by pushing them out to people who subscribe to Presents but don't necessarily visit the site.

I think they did a similar thing with Nerd Poker, albeit an episode 1-2 weeks old rather than a month or so. They've also done with the premiere episodes of some new regular shows. My guess is that it makes new shows more visible by pushing them out to people who subscribe to Presents but don't necessarily visit the site.

Sorry for the confusion. Here's the deal. We thought Earwolf Presents would be a great way to debut new shows. It already has a bunch of subscribers who theoretically would want to know what is new. So we did that for a while and found very few of those listeners were subscribing to the new shows that way. So we changed course and started to release new shows on their own feeds and then put their first ep out on EP the day before the second ep dropped, so anyone who missed it would have a chance to listen. It's too soon to say if that strategy is a good one.

Unfortunately, YO was part of the transition and we're playing catch up, that's why this ep was put out on EP so late and we chose not the first one, but the full PFT ep since we thought that was a popular ep that would do the best job of showcasing the show.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Thanks for the explanation, pretty much what I figured.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me since I download shows directly from the site. But I do think the reasoning behind it is good.

• Like 1

What do you guys think?

I think it's a good idea, hopefully it works. You definitely picked the right episode of the show.

Loved this episode on 'Earwolf Presents', made a subscriber out of me.

On the topic of Native American sports teams,

(Atom and His Package: If You Own the Washington Redskins, You're a Cock) does a great job of describing the issue, and is pretty funny.

Lyrics follow, if you want to read along-

I like sports, so there are some things I force myself to miss

Like I never met an athlete I like, and hockey in Texas

But when it comes to Native American nicknamed teams

Even within the context of sports it's awful and mean

And you'll go "wah wah wah, you're so PC"

And I will say "wait"

My my my, how have the tables turned so that being a fucking prick is a desirable trait?

While we're on the subject of changing team names

There's no jazz in Utah and few lakes in LA

Just this once, give me the benefit of the doubt

The Bullets became the Wizards, too violent? Get out!

And you'll go "wah wah wah, you're so PC"

And I will say "wait"

Remind me again how it came to be that being 'the stupid American' became a desirable trait

Wouldn't it be offensive if we cheered "rah rah rah" for the Carolina Negroes

With our beat box cheer in our fake foam afros?

Or if the Minnesota Vikes became the New York Kikes

With dollar bills on their helmets cause that's what they like, you know?

"Atom, what about the Saints, Angels, Padres too?

Ain't that the same thing for Christians that's offending you?"

When there's a Jesus Christ Mascot hot dog shooting crucifix thing

Nailed to a cross, dying to save the team

You'll be right, you'll be right

But until then

You're not right

So what's your take on the Washington Redskins, what's your take on the Cleveland Indians?

What's your take on the Washington Redskins, what's your take on the Cleveland Indians?

• Like 1