🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 52.5 — Minisode 52.5

Celebrate the New Year by watching the classic monster in the water film Anaconda! Paul goes over a couple of Corrections & Omissions from our last movie Reindeer Games and has a Viewer Mail update about a viewer's underwear drawer. Also, be sure to keep submitting new logos for the show!

Speaking of "Piranha", have you guys thought about recording a couple of extra episodes where you'd basically be your own guests, because they're YOUR movies? I know you guys love a good "Back-Up Plan", and it might not be such a bad idea to have some "rainy day" episodes in the can in case schedules don't work out or a guest flakes out on you or something.

• Like 1

Oh gawd. I remember when this movie came out we rented it for some birthday party or something it was pretty insane. I did love Jon Voight's character though as a snake hunter, so over the top like the rest of the film.

I saw this movie years ago, and it was completely unmemorable, EXCEPT for John Voight's dead body being spat up by the snake at the end of the movie and BLINKING! That image has never left my mind. Sometimes it keeps me up at night.

• Like 1

Mere serendipity... or something more sinister?

This movie, 'Anaconda,' stars Jennifer Lopez, famous for her shapely and voluptuous rear end. The legendary song by Sir Mix-a-Lot, "Baby Got Back," about just such butts, contains the world-renowned couplet "my ANACONDA don't want none unless you got buns, hon."

I suspect the involvement of the Illuminati. What about you guys?

Also, the first appearance of Eric Stoltz features him attempting to present his character as manly in front of Jennifer Lopez. HILARIOUS.

Wow. I really feel honoured that Paul liked my post about the breakdown of Reindeer Games's stupid, illogical plot enough to give it an extended shout out on the mini episode.

Just watched Anaconda and Devil's Advocate over the holiday to get myself ready for the next two full episodes. These movies+live How Did This Get Made live episode energy is going to equal awesomeness. A large number of my favourite episodes of this podcast have been live episodes (Cobra, Superman 3, Birdemic, Road House).

There's not much I can bank on in 2013, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be another fantastic year for HDTGM.

Ebert LOVED this movie and was serious about getting Voigt a Best Supporting Oscar nomination. I'd recommend having him as the guest, but his health problems probably make that too complicated.

We watched Anaconda in our 8th grade outdoor education hunting class 10 years ago. If I recall correctly near the end of the film, a bolt action rifle is shot multiple times at the snake without once cycling the shells with the bolt. It was a long time ago, so correct me in the most malicious way if i'm wrong.

Ebert LOVED this movie and was serious about getting Voigt a Best Supporting Oscar nomination. I'd recommend having him as the guest, but his health problems probably make that too complicated.

Roger Ebert is a national treasure I've always loved his reviews, but in the last few years he's become more cynical about movies and his reviews are the first I go to because they cut right to the chase. He would be great on this show, but unfortunately, podcasts are not the best medium for him right now. If he doesn't already listen, he would love HDTGM.

On that thought, it would be great to have Leonard Maltin on the show; Doug Benson certainly has a connection.

Roger Ebert is a national treasure I've always loved his reviews, but in the last few years he's become more cynical about movies and his reviews are the first I go to because they cut right to the chase. He would be great on this show, but unfortunately, podcasts are not the best medium for him right now. If he doesn't already listen, he would love HDTGM.

On that thought, it would be great to have Leonard Maltin on the show; Doug Benson certainly has a connection.

Maltin had a pretty good line on Benson's podcast a couple weeks back when talking about "The Hobbit", where he said something about how at 48 FPS, he was able to get bored at twice the speed or in half the time or something.

'I broke a filling eating cornnuts. Should I go to the dentist or just wait and see?'

"What? If your tooth will grow back? It won't. Dude...that's what you get for eating cornnuts. That's God's way of saying you're too stupid to realize that that's not a food to out in your mouth. Your tooth will not grow back."

Harsh burn on cornnuts by Paul Scheer. Ha!

Sign in to follow this