🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 14 — I Love Pizza

Welcome to all of the Reality Show Show's new listeners who discovered Hayes and Sean from Rolling Stone's 50 Funniest Right Now list! The guys talk about new garbage program The Taste on ABC and its bewildering judge selection, followed by an appreciation of TBS's new show King of the Nerds and their sponsor Little Caesars. But the real treat is the appearance of Real World and Challenge hero Frank Sweeney, who truly stops being polite as he tells shocking stories of his time on the shows.

Will we ever see The Reality Show Show on the Video Podcast Network? That would be awesome.

• Like 3

I think Sean and Hayes are tracking down and befriending their favorite reality show competitors in order to create some sort of super squad of reality ruffians.

• Like 1

Oops! Spoiler Alert: they accidentally let the last "show" play in the theme once during this episode even though Hayes and Sean were clearly very excited to get on with the show. Sorry guys, but that's a blooper. You blooped. IMDB is going to have a field day with this one.

Also, that whole "I love pizza!" clip reminded me of this clip from Survivor where the contestants have to try even harder to pretend like they enjoyed their shitty prize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUTsTSxb5O8

• Like 4

Won't get a chance to listen to this episode until later tonight, but just wanted to express my EXCITEMENT for when Real World Portland comes out here in a few weeks. Can't wait for Sean and Hayes to talk about PDX and roommate drama.

• Like 1

Also, that whole "I love pizza!" clip reminded me of this clip from Survivor where the contestants have to try even harder to pretend like they enjoyed their shitty prize.

Andy: Thank you so much for mentioning the Survivor Jack and Jill reward. I have a friend who works on the show who told me that the survivors actually ASKED TO LEAVE EARLY after like 20 minutes rather than finish the movie, so the directors had to SHINE LIGHTS ON THEIR FACES to simulate them watching the movie and tell them to laugh on cue. **This is 100% true.** We may discuss it on the show one day.

• Like 5

Hey gang, let's get #spoileralert trending on these boards. our funny friend who said it last week is mad that we stole his phrase, but he wasn't even on the Rolling Stone list, so how did he expect it to catch on without us?

I'm stoked for Real World: Portland, too! And I saw Jack and Jill in the theater. These spoiled Survivor brats don't appreciate anything.

Pizza Pizza

• Like 2

Things to say!

1. Frank and Jonna were equally annoying, which was surprising!

2. The blonde guy from LFO died!

3. If you want The Bachelor to keep you on the show, you have to humanize yourself to him so he'll feel guilty if he kicks you off, which is similar to what you should do if you're ever kidnapped and don't want to be murdered!

4. Nate from Beauty and the Geek?! But, but, but.. Star Wars band! Glasses!

5. You didn't ask Jonna about the sex tape! Your mother and I are very disappointed in you!

• Like 1

I am loving the interviews. I found Jonna and Frank to be surprisingly self-aware and I loved how it wasn't an act of how much Frank disliked Sam. It's going to be really tough to find a Challenge contestant that can beat Frank's interview.

I am not going to watch King of the Nerds, but I appreciate that it seems to be celebrating nerd culture instead of mocking it (ala Big Bang Theory).

Time is money everyone. We can't be wasting time saying the reality SHOW show when just saying the reality SHOW would suffice. I propose that this policy be enacted immediately for instant savings. But be sure to explain this policy in detail every show in order to catch people up who might not be in the know.

And now for the segment that everyone has been clamoring for: Snooki & JWoww Recap!!

Snooki had her baby and Jionni asked if he could style the baby's hair. I know that the majority of these types of reality shows are scripted, but I honestly think this was an actual moment of being a dumbass. I just don't think either Snooki or Jionni can act well enough to be able to sell a line like that. Also, according to my wife, the incorrect reaction to a newborn baby covered in blood and placenta is "Ugh." The more you know! On the JWoww side of things, they've been beating a dead horse trying to 'foreshadow' that Roger is going to propose by the end of the season. I think the producers are confused and don't quite understand the difference between 'building suspense' and 'bashing your head in with a hammer incessantly'. On a side note, the ring that JWoww wants is over 100 fucking thousand dollars.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, when you were talking about how you had Frank Sweeney as a guest, I honestly thought you said Frank's weenie and I thought that maybe one of you was going to interview the other doing a character as Frank's dick. I was legitimately surprised when it was actually Frank.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this