🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 21 — He's a Friend

It’s comedy nirvana as fellow earwolf podcasters, the Sklar brothers, sit down with Jake on this week’s Fogelnest Files! They discuss the best and worst of video blogging including; a young man who passionately defends the Furry way of life, a man in the shower with a flair for the dramatic, and Taylor Swift revealing her inner corporate shill. The man in the shower really brings it. They also check out the Schwarzenegger classic Twins and they watch a terrific Huey Lewis and the News music video. Plus, New Order and Lou Reed lending their musical genius to horrible commercials. To watch the clips discussed on this show go to: http://www.youtube.com/thefogelnestfiles. Make sure to go to the Fogelnest Files on Itunes and leave a review for T.G.I. Friday's and come check out Jake live at the UCB tomorrow night (Jan.31st) with special guests Chelsea Perreti and Rob Huebel!

Hey Jake, I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but i checked out the playlist. Thank you for exposing Carmina Burana Shower Guy to a wide audience. This has been a favorite of mine for years. The sheer joy he displays while shampooing, the look of ecstatic understanding upon taking a puff, his almost resigned shrug upon immediately losing his train of thought, and his gleeful return to his happy dance...it never fails to put a smile on my face.

You're doing the world a service sir.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a 22-foot event horizon. Hmm, six inches away there's a 42-foot diameter circle of dead bodies. That's weird. Oh, well. I'll finish my regionally-named sandwich.

Imagine Macaulay Culkin as a bro'd-out frat guy punching every joke and mildly misogynistic statement with "No Home-Alone."

I hope fans of Twins know that they're working on a sequel, in which there's a third triplet, played of course by Eddie Murphy.

• Like 1

Another great episode! Related to the commercial that used "Walk on the Wild Side," let's not forget that Lou Reed did this:

Also, given the discussion that the actual lyrics to "Walk on the Wild Side" are in contrast to the advertiser's message, does anyone remember the Wrangler Jeans commercials that used Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son" to give their commercial a patriotic message?

For those unfamiliar, the opening lyrics to "Fortunate Son" are these:

Some folks are born to wave the flag,

Ooh, they're red, white and blue.

And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",

Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.

It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Except they only used the first two lines in the commercial to give the song a completely different meaning. Unfortunately, I can't find it online.

John Fogerty of CCR, who signed away his legal rights to the song through bad business dealing, comments on it here: http://www.sfgate.co...-me-2757730.php

• Like 4

There may be different sections of Furries, but "My Wife" works in Anime, and there is a definite sexual component to the Furries she comes into contact with. It is a culture that involves sex and orgies, often anonymously (sometimes with under 18 year olds). Many are "pansexual" or "omnisexual." The practice is typically shunned by the Anime community, sometimes violently.

Great episode, although it would be hard to do anything else with the Sklars on board. That shower guy's song will be in me head for weeks.

"And the colored girls tweet."

• Like 1

I was delighted about how delighted the Skarls were by the shower video. There is lots of use of passive voice in this post, but you get my point.

I love how positive Jake is. It would be so easy to just shit on the seemingly weird people on the internet, but it's like a mandate of the Fogelnest Files to laugh with and not at.

• Like 1

There may be different sections of Furries, but "My Wife" works in Anime, and there is a definite sexual component to the Furries she comes into contact with. It is a culture that involves sex and orgies, often anonymously (sometimes with under 18 year olds). Many are "pansexual" or "omnisexual." The practice is typically shunned by the Anime community, sometimes violently.

Do you ever call her Mai Waifu? If you don't you should start.

Do you ever call her Mai Waifu? If you don't you should start.

But if you don't know why, you shouldn't investigate further.

I love the Sklars breaking their legendary silence on Treme!! Good analogy.

The furry song:

Sign in to follow this