🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lauren Tyree

Episode 13 - Building the Track

Prepare your earholes for Building The Track Pt. 3! Today's guest on Rafflecast is none other than Howard Kremer aka Dragon Boy Suede. In 20 minutes they created the song "Shotgun Trukk (If Drive Was A TV Movie)". It's Howard/Jon, Son! Cyrus Gheremani on keys, Brett Morris on bass and production, Howard Kremer on a little guitar. Produced by Brett and Cyrus.

I corrected my previous mistakes and listened to this one immediately. This is such greatness. I was expecting a DBS/MC Record Deal collaboration, but I got so much more. Howard's gobblty-gook near the end of the song was fantastic.

PS listeners, wait for the "Squarespace: Internet Song," at the end.

• Like 3

LemonDropKid, you beat me to the punch.

shotgun_truck_bardo.jpg

Loved the podcast!

• Like 10

I'm just curious, is Cyrus and Brett more famous than I am aware of? The beats and rhythms that they come up with far surpass any crappy pop music that is out there today. Shotgun Trukk and the internet song were amazing. I have already gone back and listened to them at least 7 times today.

• Like 6

1. Holy shit.

2. Cyrus or Brett, someone please loop the 1 and 1/2 seconds of Howard laughing in the robot voice over anything.

3. Rafflecast is the second only to Gelmania in crazy/amazing shit. Building the track is genius. I'm not kidding.

4. This is my new favorite.

• Like 4

i tweaked the mix just a bit and reuploaded

Jesus man, some of this sounds like Bernard Sumner on Movement now.

I think you should double re-mix this with some Peter Hook riffs.

Amazing.

• Like 1

I also got serious New Order vibes.

Amazing job guys!

• Like 2

I think you should double re-mix this with some Peter Hook riffs.

Amazing.

Any riffs outside that 20 minutes are officially off limits!

I'm just curious, is Cyrus and Brett more famous than I am aware of? The beats and rhythms that they come up with far surpass any crappy pop music that is out there today. Shotgun Trukk and the internet song were amazing. I have already gone back and listened to them at least 7 times today.

thanks BC!

internet song was totally improvised. after we finished the episode jon had to record some ads, so we all just jammed under it.

Brett and I aren't famous yet. just old friends with bands that play shows with each other. give hot karate and scattered suns a listen!

Brett and I aren't famous yet. just old friends with bands that play shows with each otherhot karate and scattered suns a listen!

You guys should really go check out their bands. Its tasteful and accessible (at least for a music nerd.) I bought one already and will be buying the hot karate album soon. Keep it up Cyrus and Brett. What the hell else am I supposed to spend my money on?

Edit: forgot to mention you can just listen to those albums for free if you don't want to drop a donation, no excuses people!

• Like 2

You guys should really go check out their bands. Its tasteful and accessible (at least for a music nerd.) I bought one already and will be buying the hot karate album soon. Keep it up Cyrus and Brett. What the hell else am I supposed to spend my money on?

Edit: forgot to mention you can just listen to those albums for free if you don't want to drop a donation, no excuses people!

you rule! really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Any riffs outside that 20 minutes are officially off limits!

Mind triple blown. I thought the 20 minutes was only for the vocals. I love CBB and Whoch? but I think "Building the Track" is now the most talented podcast on the internet. Thanks guys.

1. Holy shit.

2. Cyrus or Brett, someone please loop the 1 and 1/2 seconds of Howard laughing in the robot voice over anything.

3. Rafflecast is the second only to Gelmania in crazy/amazing shit. Building the track is genius. I'm not kidding.

4. This is my new favorite.

Seconding this sentiment. I am only just this past week or two getting into Rafflecast and I liken it to Gelmania. It is great that Earwolf is letting these two guys break format in a way (no structured show every Ep) and they just kind of let loose the insanity in their heads. Both of these shows have a different vibe to them (aside that they are a different type of podcast all together from the rest). I love it.

Daly and Gelman are nuts. They both seem crazy (Brian Huskey also sits in that category for me). I love their sick and out of left field humor. Rafflecast and Gelmania are the two funniest podcasts that I listen to.

Sign in to follow this