🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 132.5 — Sklarbro County 37

One of Hollywood's most acclaimed Television comedy writers, David Kohan stops by on today’s episode of Sklarbro County! David tells us about manipulating his daughter into being a Clippers fan, talks about his unexpected success of Will & Grace, and shares his love for cycling. As always, Dan Van Kirk brings us some crazy stories such as; a man who stole an ambulance but fails to steal 2 horses, a man paying a hooker with a shark tooth & gets arrested for taping the encounter, and a British nursing home defends practice of hiring alleged prostitutes for aging residents. Plus, we continue to relax from the Superbowl with today’s Weekly Wahlberg! ROLL TIDE! *This episode was recorded before the Superbowl but we were quick to congratulate both the Ravens and 49ers on their victory.

sklars! first off im a huge fan, converted clone to sklone. love it when you guys host the jim rome show. love the podcast, i think ive listened to about 80% of the episodes. that being said, this guy couldnt be more off about kobe. i see this type of hateration all the time in so cal. guys need to go against the grain, trash the only consistently good thing in this area, and become clipper fans even when the owner sold away every piece of talent for 30 years. thats how illogical these people are. first off, this dude is really crying about who a SEVENTEEN year old took to prom?!?! who the hell cares. kobes alleged girlfriend from back then who he didnt take, thinks kohen needs to let it go. second, when your a fake person in a fake town, you tend to think everything and everyone is being fake. so dude needs to look at himself. he even went so far to say "kobes game is inauthentic". WHAT?!?! you cant fake greatness. not in the NBA the numbers, the rings, and the testimonials from teammates and former greats dont lie. kobe is truly great, and has become a great leader and man. i would have loved to be in the room so i could prod this man more so we can see this thinness of his arguments. thanks for your time.

Before I even listen to this, I want to congratulate Dan on being in the best Super Bowl commercial of the year.

you cant fake greatness. not in the NBA the numbers, the rings, and the testimonials from teammates and former greats dont lie. kobe is truly great, and has become a great leader and man. i would have loved to be in the room so i could prod this man more so we can see this thinness of his arguments. thanks for your time.

I completely agree. I enjoyed the episode, and the Sklars and DVK have been killing it lately, but Kohan just sounds like a sore loser. I am a Celtic fan and can 100% admit that Kobe is a born winner and an incredible talent. Not everyone loved Michael Jordan or Larry Bird when they were players - Kobe is similar to them in that his competitive nature is his defining attribute, at the detriment of being a "genuine" person or a likable guy. Why is caring about your legacy a bad thing?

You can tell that Kohan has heard so much Kobe-love during his time as an LA resident and Clipper super fan that he has no choice but to counter it with irrational Kobe-hate. I can't really blame him but his argument is dubious.

• Like 1

I completely agree. I enjoyed the episode, and the Sklars and DVK have been killing it lately, but Kohan just sounds like a sore loser. I am a Celtic fan and can 100% admit that Kobe is a born winner and an incredible talent. Not everyone loved Michael Jordan or Larry Bird when they were players - Kobe is similar to them in that his competitive nature is his defining attribute, at the detriment of being a "genuine" person or a likable guy. Why is caring about your legacy a bad thing?

You can tell that Kohan has heard so much Kobe-love during his time as an LA resident and Clipper super fan that he has no choice but to counter it with irrational Kobe-hate. I can't really blame him but his argument is dubious.

nicely said, man. like as much as i hate k.g., rondo, pierce, i respect their game. i may not like how they act on the court , but thats cuz theyre not my guys, if they were, id love k.g.s fire and tenacity. i dont think the sklars completely agreed with this guys ignorance, as they said on air theyd prolly get responses to this dude on the boards. great show as always, tho. HENDERSON!!!!

• Like 1

I'm on board with the Kobe hate. To the other two commenters, he said nothing irrational. He had examples for every reason he disliked Kobe. That's fine.

1. Kohan was not complaining that Kobe took someone to a dance, he used that as a personality gauge. Someone takes a celebrity instead of their girlfriend to a dance for publicity.

2. He didn't claim Kobe's game was inauthentic, it was his persona. His stupid gerbil 'I'm mad at you' face didn't appear until the Nuggets/Lakers WCF in 2009. He constantly brings up injuries but claims he won't talk about them, which makes his fans act like he's some sort of warrior. His scarves and piano picture is totally legitimate to lambast. That Kurt Thomas interaction is exactly what happens. Kobe hams it up when he's mic'd or a camera is on him, putting on a good guy facade. When the cameras caught him calling a ref a 'fucking faggot', that's his real personality.

3. Kobe's game is inauthentic. He's a mimic and an amalgamation of Jordan and a few other players, that he's consciously emulating.

4. He's not a good leader. A good leader takes the responsibility on himself, he doesn't throw his teammates under the bus after every game.

5. He's dirty. The amount of revenge shots and elbows he throws is absurd. Battier was playing him really well in the playoffs and Kobe maliciously kneed and elbowed him in the head multiple times.

6. His fans are why most people hate him. They overrate him. He's a great player and one of the best, but he's never been the best player in the league. They act like he's a God, when he even had a better player on his damn team for half of his career.

7. Rape trial. Feud with Shaq, and snitching on other players.

8. Arguably carried to rings. Out of his five championships, he was only the clear cut best on the team once (2009). Shaq was unstoppable in the first three-peat, and Pau Gasol was their best player in 2010. Kobe chucked them out of the title in 2004 and 2008 was defended by Ray Allen.

9. His man defense is overrated. He gambles for steals and benefits from having massively dominant big men behind him.

10. The German knee surgery is beyond fishy. I've done a lot of research on it and I wouldn't be surprised if it was banned in a few years. It doesn't just heal an injury, it literally rejuvenates the knee. It rewinds the clock on these guys' knees and gives them an unfair advantage over someone who's aging naturally. It's kind of similar to blood doping which everyone is upset at Lance Armstrong for doing.

Did I mention the rape trial? RAPE TRIAL.

• Like 2

Kobe has terrible shot selection and is a lazy off the ball defender.

Sign in to follow this