🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 90 — Live at SF Sketchfest

Recorded live at the San Francisco Sketchfest it’s a rambunctious conversation between the hosts and their Blastronauts on today’s Professor Blastoff! The conversation is free flowing and probing; Tig and Kyle reveal the nature of their relationship, Kyle reveals his skinny calfs, and they all do a good round of fake laughing. The final word is also given on proper parenting, the evil in candy consumerism, and pterodactyls. How much deeper can the audience probe? Tune in and find out.

• Like 1

I want to hear more about Odo. Did he come back for Kira or what? Did he leave the Founder's homeworld? Tell me more Aaron.

Sorry about your beloved 49ers, David. :(

I sure hope the Vancouver Playhouse and their upcoming tours will be packed with ACTUAL Professor Blastoff listeners. What a brutal crowd. Loved the way Kyle came out during his stand-up time.

• Like 2

I will be at the vancouver playhouse gig and I am a FAN!!!!!!!! Can't wait! I'll be in the 10th row... smiling ear to ear :)

• Like 2

That was rough. Tig and the gang are pros but it was unpleasant hearing them lose the audience for long periods and then hearing the first comedian bomb hard. Figured San Fran would be more receptive to the magic of PBO. They never gave it a fair chance.

Svenska Handelsbanken means The Swedish Trade Bank btw.

How does Kyle not have anything to sell? He has at least one album that I know of, I found it on iTunes and cdbaby, so there's even physical copies he could sell. I forget if he's promoted it on the show before, so I don't know if there's a reason why he wouldn't promote it (like maybe he doesn't get any of the profits for some reason). Anyway, either Kyle needs to promote himself better or get a new album together.

Also, did anyone else think audience member Travis sounded like he could be Aaron's older brother?

@flatulant fashion figure: I don't think the audience sounded as bad as you say. For one thing, the audience wasn't miked very well. But also, as Tig pointed out repeatedly, there were a lot of inside jokes and a lot of the audience had never heard the podcast before. So that can take someone out of the performance right away, even when things that don't require that frame of reference come up.

I think not having a real topic or a guest made it a little unfocused too. Not that they didn't do a good show, but there were lulls where it seemed like no one was sure where to go next.

And, not to be cruel, but Aaron's stand-up act was not that strong, so I think it's unfair to blame the audience for him "bombing," which I wouldn't even say was totally true.

So I hope I'm not sounding too critical of the Blastoff crew, I liked the episode and thought it was funny but I wanted to address those points.

• Like 2

I was in the front row for this show and got there an hour early like a lot of die-hard fans. I don't think there were a lot of folks there who hadn't heard the show before- I think Tig was just playing with the crowd about all of the inside jokes. I mean, when you kick off the show with some dude handing Tig a jar of Beach Poop... What else would you say?

I love these guys and the show was super fun. BUT. To be fair, there wasn't a guest and we had no idea they were going to ask us for topics. Had we know the show was going to be audience-driven, I'm sure we would have all come up with more interesting ideas. YOU have a few drinks and try to come up with a science-themed question when your heroes are staring at you in front of a room full of fellow fans.

• Like 3

I love these guys and the show was super fun. BUT. To be fair, there wasn't a guest and we had no idea they were going to ask us for topics. Had we know the show was going to be audience-driven, I'm sure we would have all come up with more interesting ideas. YOU have a few drinks and try to come up with a science-themed question when your heroes are staring at you in front of a room full of fellow fans.

Tig and the gang DE.LI.VER. every single week! Is it too much to ask you, the fans, to be on for just one night!?

/hyperbole off

I will be at the vancouver playhouse gig and I am a FAN!!!!!!!! Can't wait! I'll be in the 10th row... smiling ear to ear :)

I will also be in the tenth row; letting the gang from the hatch know that I'm enjoying myself because I will be smiling. At least now I know to start thinking of questions for the show.

I'll be there as well. Wish I had front center but they were taken. So I'm front left. Can't wait to see them all.

I wasn't at the SF show.

It sounded like the crowd was not miked well, but that didn't bother me. I loved listening to this show. I smiled and laughed through the whole thing. I love the slightly nervous energy that Tig "putting people on the spot" produces. And she is so sweet, it's not like Don Rickles going after you.

Kyle's stand-up is so great. I thought the whole crew did great ensemble work on an "improv" basis.

I did not think Aaron "died". He has a low-energy delivery and he opened. I thought he did fine.

This was a greatest hits show with swamp rock, Punky, Trump, Happy Birthday Dan, wrangling, you name it!

Professor Blastoff conquers the world!

How much better would Ms.Pac Man be if it was named She-Pac? The video game industry needs more Tig.

It was kind of amazing that Tig's brain somehow found one that rather than 1) the correct "Ms. Pac-Man" or 2) the usual-pattern-following "Pac-Woman". I think I'm going to say "Ooorrr She-Pac" to myself every time I hear "Tupac" from now on.

It was pretty weird not having a guest or a topic, but of course the wall-to-wall riffing was fun. Boring texts is a great new feature.

There's plenty of soundtrack to come in the Vancouver episode. And as a tease, i'll say it includes a pretty astounding rendition of a certain John Williams score.

The Vancouver Live show was amazing. Glad I got to experience that. Looking forward to the PB tour!

Don't worry guys. The Vancouver show was heaps better than this one :P Though they really needed to wrangle Aaron more that night.

The Vancouver show was definitely a bit better and I thought Aaron did an EXCEPTIONAL job. His set was great and there was definitely an amazing vibe. I hope they don't sit on this ep for long. I want to hear it and relive it. I also hope they don't cut a lot of shit out. Which I feel like they will most likely do.

Now Ive been listening to PB for quite a while now. Not from the beginning but almost. Im a comedy connoisseur. I study it dammit! This was one of the funniest, funnest, weirdest show they have done yet. It was magical. Best live show thats for sure.

Man, you would think Aaron would learn after dozen of episodes of being wrangled that he should be a little less wild!