Episode 11 — The Battle Continues

49 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

We have read all the useful tips on the forums and continue the battle with our new action points! Will Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn), Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch), Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo), Bartho Shett, and Tras & Carn (Mr. Sark) prevail over these collectors or will they suffer another grueling curse of consecutive botches? Be sure to listen to find out! Plus, Sark remembers a precious moment from a past D&D adventure featuring Gerry Duggan, Chris Hardwick, and a goblin avalanche.

#2 Gym Sockerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Imperial Snow Guard is the name of my Indietronicia-butt rock-fusion side project.

#3 djwetmouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

I would love to hear a special episode of Gerry rolling up a new character and by love I mean it would be interesting.

#4 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

If you guys don't take a break between encounters, you add up action points. I believe that everyone should have had 2 action points, because they killed that one dude for his cloak and went right into chasing the other dudes.
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#5 LanternRayner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Sark, I have to know is your name taken from Tron? Big Tron fan and wasn't sure if this was the origin of your name. Either way love the show! Made me and my friends start up another game after three years of not playing. Thanks for the entertainment.

#6 Corky Kneivel

Mezmo the Mezterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSacramento Comedy Spot

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Is there a joke Blaine Capatch WON'T make? I love how they all just ignore him like a he's a hyper child. You can almost hear Sark thinking "That's nice honey, calm down now Daddy's thinking."

#7 Hip About Time

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Anyone else getting Billy Quizboy from Sark's nerd voice?

#8 ConcreteLogic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Seems the group would do well to follow Mildred’s lead a bit more often. She appears to be the only one thinking ahead. I think she can get them places, as long as she doesn’t accidently hang herself and Amarth(sp?) doesn’t slice the captive in half.

That said, it is amusing to hear her in the background “Don’t you think we should…” while the guys are hacking people up and stealing their cloths. The disguises they are planning would be so weak I’m starting to think they just like getting dead people naked. I think someone might notice a giant barbarian with two halves of a Klan outfit slapped on his face.

Enjoying the show, keep it up.

#9 TheNarnold

Creep

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

I never realized that Sark was the same one from Machinima that's cool. Great episode though, I like how Amarth is wearing a cut in half robe over his head.

#10 Cabbagehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Good ep. I'm curious what the distraction was, I guess we'll find out next week.

#11 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

I would listen to Gerry and Sark rolling the new character but it would have to be a bonus episode. New Gerry has to make a grand surprise entrance.

Mr. Sark, here's how you resolve your map problem without fucking up the Choctaw's microphones:

Dry Erase Magnetic Easel
and
Customizable Magnets

Throw some Frank Frazetta art on those magnets and BOOM. Hell yeah, I'm fuckin' smart!

Posted Image

#12 BigNerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Lol thanks for the shout out, always happy to assist my fellow dorks.

-BigNerd

#13 WinterCraig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

It's bad enough when rules lawyers ruin live D&D sessions like the Penny Arcade guys at PAX.
And now they are sucking the fun out of this podcast.

It's great that Sark and the gang are learning more 4e rules. But compare the speed and bang for your buck from the first half of the sessions to the last few. Also, they don't sound like they are having as much fun. It sounds like on the job training instead of a hobby.

This is not to criticize Sark and the players. If they want to learn and incorporate more 4e rules into their podcast, I fully support them. But it is their podcast, so can the 4e rules committee dial it back a notch?

Once they start talking about shifting squares and making opportunity attacks, the battle is lost...

#TeamSpiritBear

#14 Opexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

This show is awesome. I cant believe I have to wait an entire week for the next one. Keep it up.

#15 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

It is their podcast, and they've decided to learn and use the rules, and it was still funny, so who cares. I'd probably listen to these guys (and Sarah) fix a lawnmower.

#16 Ben K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Awesome episode. It was really fun to hear them mixing some of their skills in at the end and fucking some shit up!

#17 DrPepperMD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

You guys need to make up some power cards so that you don't waste so much time looking up what defense the attack is against, or how much damage it does and stuff. Also makes it easy to figure out what all your powers are so that you can decide which one to use.
Here's a link to a PDF of a full set a guy made.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9yigxywq1zc

#18 Ryan Riddell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

More Blaine Ads:
"This break is brought to you by Call of Duty Multiplayer: All the awesome realism of war combined with all the sad realism of shooting guns at 13 year olds online."

"This break is brought to you by Applebee's: We have great drink specials so you get drunk enough to enjoy our terrible food."

"This break is brought to you Mountain Dew: The only thing more extreme than Mountain Dew is your extremely low sperm count from drinking it."

#19 GM DODDS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUCSB

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

"Going Farmers' Market on them"
Thank you, Nerd Poker.

#20 Kodo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostDrPepperMD, on 06 February 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

You guys need to make up some power cards so that you don't waste so much time looking up what defense the attack is against, or how much damage it does and stuff. Also makes it easy to figure out what all your powers are so that you can decide which one to use.
Here's a link to a PDF of a full set a guy made.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9yigxywq1zc

Yeah this would speed things along nicely. I can understand they're getting the hang of 4e, so probably give them a few more episodes and they'll get used to the new rules and things will clip along nicely. It's gonna be like a video game, yeah? You'll suck for the first 20 hours or so before you become a roleplaying bad ass.

Even easier than that, the D&D online compendium comes with a character builder that will automatically put each players' power cards on their character sheet. Saves a bundle of time of having to search through all the cards. Requires a subscription, which kind of sucks.

https://www.wizards....haracterbuilder

View PostCorky Kneivel, on 06 February 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Is there a joke Blaine Capatch WON'T make? I love how they all just ignore him like a he's a hyper child. You can almost hear Sark thinking "That's nice honey, calm down now Daddy's thinking."

YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL