🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 114 — Surfing Rainbows

Steve-O is taking a break from his surfing adventures to find out Who Charted?! Steve-O confesses to loving the Pop station, cops to owning the Cirque de Soleil soundtrack, and explains what happened to his unreleased rap record during the Ultimate Music Chart. The Movie Chart unearths why he hasn’t seen Zero Dark Thirty and shares when movies went sour for him. You won’t believe what he has done with sharks. Tune in to find out!

Only a fool would try to argue with noted Islamic Studies scholar Steve-O's analysis of what does or does not constitute a proper Muslim burial.

• Like 7

Were Howard & Kulap unavailable for this episode?

Look at this way, at least they didn't have to overexert themselves. Easy day at work. :D

That was a LOT of Steve-O.

And stepping on Howard's "Harry from One Direction" imitation isn't cool.

There's definitely no mystery as to why Steve-O is always losing his voice.

I'm sorry Steve-O, but rainbows aren't mystical or anything, it's just angle of reflection.

Here, look at this:

It'd be pretty amazing if you DIDN'T see rainbows when surrounded by all that surf mist.

• Like 1

I got about 5 minutes in but I honestly couldn't take it, sorry guys. Love Kulap and Howard but Steve-O is just an asshole, who is dead serious about the things he says and doesn't even listen to anyone else speak. Guess I just gotta wait til Friday to get my chart fix.

When I saw this episode come up in my feed, initially I was "Ugh...Steve-O", but I decided to give it a chance.

At first, I sort of liked it...hearing someone who's not directly involved in the Earwolfiverse on an Earwolf show can be refreshing sometimes, other times it's Chris Gore. Steve-O's not a comedian, really, but I thought he had something to say.

I started to see the cracks forming when he was talking about being vegan while simultaneously doing stuff to animals that even non-vegans might have a problem with. I don't really have a particularly strong stance on either side, but I do have a strong stance on hypocrites.

When he started talking about how he's "not a conspiracy theory guy" then went on to describe a conspiracy theory filled with very vague statements, I was done.

Sorry, guys, I know sometimes guests can't be controlled, and that lack of control can even make for some amazing comedy, but sometimes they need to be put in their place and told that they're on a comedy podcast, not a therapy/conspiracy theory podcast.

I listen to Who Charted to laugh, not to hear a guy who shoots bottle rockets out of his ass on a professional level telling me how he can't maintain his morals in the face of making money and that the government is lying to me.

• Like 2

Lordy, lordy. Couldn't listen to the whole thing. Sorry.

Agreed. I love Who Charted but I had to stop it halfway through the Movie Chart.

Maybe I'll go back to it some day. I like Steve-O, totally nice dude once he cleaned up, but I just had a little trouble listening to this.

I+am+sorry.jpg

I liked this episode, Steve-O seems like a dude who's genuinely trying to make a better person out of himself and it's refreshing to hear that perspective once in a while. It's not a typical Who Charted, but a minor change of pace once in a while is fine. Plus, we'll still have Twooch this week. This made me crack up though:

...a guy who shoots bottle rockets out of his ass on a professional level...

• Like 3

the star of Jackass won't give Breaking Bad an A+ ok.......

I'm not trying to be down on the Earwolf team branching out of the whole UCB/earwolf family but this guy is just unbearable. He's so against hypocrisies but has listed like 54 instances in which he is a hypocrite.

Maybe Rob Heubel asking for the worst guest last week was foreshadowing this episode. While Steve-O may not be the asshole Gore was he definitely stepped all over the show and added very little. He rambled on and cutoff Ku and Wie constantly. A lot of the stories were completely irrelevant. He just seemed so full of himself. At least seemed like an actual good guy who is really proud of not being a fuck up anymore.

I did listen to the whole thing but this was one of the worst episodes, if not the worst. I appreciate stepping out of the alt comedy box but this was a miss in my opinion.

The hyper speed music chart made me a sad goose :[

anyway I look forward to Twooch!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this