🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 22 — MIND = BLOWN

Hold on to your viewing positions and get ready to get your mind blown on today’s LIVE edition of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Recorded LIVE at UCB-LA, Jake Fogelnest welcomes Rob Huebel and Morgan Murphy to talk about a dude who wants to be a feminine pad, Shop at Home host Don West, and the sequel to Purple Rain. They also take a look at Andy Warhol at Wrestlemania, PinkleTank, and explore idiot rap. Make sure to leave reviews for the Todd Phillips comedy film Road Trip in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. Special thanks to Megan Baker for the photos of the evening.

I only know Tevin Campbell from Inspectah Deck's verse in Wu-Tang's "Protect Ya Neck." Who is he and what did he do, other than say goodbye.

I'm kinda getting sick of idiot rap, I think a lot of the rappers (Riff Raff, Dirt Nasty, Lil B) are starting to take themselves to serious and think they're not joking anymore and people like them in a non ironic way.

Though Chris D'elia just released an album under the name Chank Smith and it's really funny and a couple of the songs are legit sad songs.

I only know Tevin Campbell from Inspectah Deck's verse in Wu-Tang's "Protect Ya Neck." Who is he and what did he do, other than say goodbye.

Its just this and his appearance on Fresh Prince for me.

...roughneck, inspectah deck's on the set.

• Like 1

I'm kinda getting sick of idiot rap, I think a lot of the rappers (Riff Raff, Dirt Nasty, Lil B) are starting to take themselves to serious and think they're not joking anymore and people like them in a non ironic way..

I don't think riff raff and lil b are joking, and I know that people don't like them ironically. Liking things ironically is the pits anyway. I think riff raff is sincerely good, although ridiculous. It's OK to like ridiculous things sincerely.

Check out "Rap Game James Franco"

Nonstop through desert

Salsbury Steak Sweater

They figured I was kin to Chester

The way I chase cheddar.

Hi, I'm sure someone has said this to you already so I'm sorry if this is annoying, but the "Mind = Blown" video is by Sam Hyde from the comedy group MDE (Million Dollar Extreme). He's a very funny comedian who actually used to have standup sets online on his channel. He's https://twitter.com/mde_never_dies and you should have him on the show! or whatever!

thanks and funny show

• Like 2

The story behind the Andy Warhol thing is pretty funny. He was a wrestling fan, and would go to shows regularly at MSG. He happened to wander into the room where Hogan, Lauper and Mr T were cutting promos. Still so odd that they put him on the spot, since it was going live to MTV.

http://www.nbc.com/s...network/n10969/

I'm going to assume that Don West was the inspiration for these home shopping sketches that Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan did on SNL. I'd never seen the West clips before, but this was the first thing that popped into my head upon seeing them.

Don West was indeed the inspiration for those sketches, as Ferrell was actually doing an impression of Don.

It's interesting that Jake went from a Don West clip to a wrestling clip, as West went on from Home Shopping to become a commentator for a wrestling promotion called TNA. Don brought the same level of energy/screaming to those shows for several years, but he was replaced a long time ago.

Also, sorry to bump up another old episode's thread, but I wanted to say that I started listening to The Fogelnest Files because I was interested in a certain topic (like Nathan Rabin's book) or the guest was somebody I liked (Todd Glass, Andrew WK, Scott Aukerman). And now I'm a fan of Jake himself and this show! So thanks, Jake, for giving me another great podcast to listen to!

Sign in to follow this