🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Wow. I can't believe this exists. I think The Onion AV review of Foodfight! kind of says it all,

"...the grotesque ugliness of the animation alone would be a deal-breaker even if the film weren’t also glaringly inappropriate in its sexuality, nightmare-inducing in its animation, and filled with Nazi overtones and iconography even more egregiously unfit for children than the script’s wall-to-wall gauntlet of crude double entendres and weird intimations of interspecies sex."
  • Like 1

I watched this last night.

Actually I watched the first 25 minutes. Then we fast-forwarded 5 minutes at a time to see what terrible, monstrous things were happening because this movie made me physically uncomfortable.

Weird sexual elements, Nazi-similarities, flat-voiced dialogue, racist depictions of characters, and HORRIFYING ANIMATION STYLE. It's like someone filmed themselves playing Second Life and then added dialogue.

Also, here is one cover:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Foodfight!_DVD_cover.jpg

And here is what it actually looks like:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/foodfight-big-580x453.jpg

That is the most misleading DVD cover ever.

• Like 2

This one needs resurrected. It's a child's animated film...ostensibly, about the secret life within your grocery store. You know, that place your kid can't get enough of.

It's murder on the eyes. It would be notable for simply how bad the CGI is alone...but the producers did not hang their laurels there. It's uncomfortably sexual, and overtly racist.

Did I mention that this film makes no sense?

These are all the components of beloved HDTGM movies. Every facet of it is incomprehensible.

Someone with some sense destroyed the working assets for the film along the line, and it failed to make it's 2003 release. This did not dissuade Lawrence Kasanoff from spending the next NINE YEARS, attempting to recover and recreate the magic of this film that someone risked their career to mercy kill.

• Like 1

Did I mention there are Nazi's in this children's film? Does Timmy need an introduction to the wonderful world of Racist Slur, direct from the mouth of his most beloved Grocery Branding Mascot? This film is here for that exact necessity!

Have you ever wondered if Sunshine Goodness is a size queen? Well your five-yearold probably has.

• Like 1

This is a movie that was made for torture. I believe they use it to extract information from terrorist. It is so bad that there are no words that will really capture how bad it is. Want to go insane, watch this movie. Where did the $45 million go in the making of this? The Animation is poor, voice acting is sad (even though there were a lot of talented people behind it), and it nothing but product placements! Please review this film!!!

• Like 2

This absolutely needs to be reviewed! I watched it as a first date with my most recent ex, and the experience and subsequent trauma from viewing it formed the foundation of our relationship. It's no wonder we didn't work out.

As mentioned by other people, the movie's entire premise is simply horrific. The animation visually assaults you for 91 minutes straight, and it's packed to the brim with misogyny, sexual overtones, racism, and fucking Nazi imagery/allusions (including calling the icons "ikes"?? YIKES!). All in a children's movie, FOR CHILDREN.

Christ, from T to B this movie just makes no fucking sense.

A fact worth mentioning: Foodfight! director/writer/producer/voice actor Lawrence Kasanoff, sporting a Tommy Wiseau level of credentials for this project, also wrote Mortal Kombat.

• Like 1

The person who streams the movie also made this tumblr, which may be the best fanblog ever.

http://charliesheendog.tumblr.com

tumblr_mducn7uzD41rq5tkuo1_400.gif

/edit: As I cannot believe noone has mentioned that Duff was like 18 when this was recorded, and she was being 'romanced' by Sheen.

Fuck. This looks like someone made a "movie" with The Sims.

• Haha 1

I only just heard about this monstrosity. I don't really want to watch it, but boy do I want to hear Paul, June and Jason dig into it.

The trailer is so painful.

• Like 1

I think that anything Charlie Sheen related is going to need a bit of a cooling off period first...

• Like 1

This movie might be too bad for the show, I feel more dead inside for just fast forwarding through it. Sheen is incredibly wooden in his line reads and there are so many product placement puns it's nauseating. The graphics are Playstation 2 level and that's being generous, fuck this movie.

• Like 1

I completely agree about Charlie Scheen's awful voice acting. I decided to watch this after seeing a YouTube video on it (I Hate Everything:Search for the Worst) and could not believe it existed. I also could not believe some of the people that did voice acting on it. I love Christopher Lloyd and this is not a shining moment for him. I would love to read the oral history on this one. Production must have taken a turn, it was supposed to be released in 2003 and released in 2012. The two most disturbing elements of this movie were the sexual dialogue and the animation. The animation looks like a bad trip. It would have given me nightmares as a child. I think they would have a lot to talk about.

Good god, this movie. Nightmare inducing is right. I had to watch part of it just out of morbid curiosity. Hearing the HDTGM take would be amazing. Please consider it.

• Like 1

Guys, please  do Foodfight. The story behind this movie’s production process alone is enough to make another movie about it.   The material in process was STOLEN in 2003 and then got stuck in limbo for ten years!  I’m going to condense the absolutely bonkers plot to the elevator pitch, which is about a grocery store that becomes a playground for food brand mascots at nighttime.  Charlie Sheen stars as Rex Dogtective (yeah, seriously) with Hilary Duff playing his love interest, Sunshine Goodness, and Wayne Brady in the most shamelessly racist animated character I’ve ever seen.  The animation is terrifying, and even scarier is the blatant sexual innuendo and Nazi themes.  If you google a picture of the evil villain “Brand X”, well, enough said. I’m just going to gloss over Charlie Sheen and Hilary Duff being love interests because I’d love to leave that to June.  There is so much more, one thing in particular I just want to wait for you to see for yourselves.

This movie is why this podcast needs to exist. It’s a gold mine. Please review this movie.

I finally registered for an account just to suggest this turd for the podcast: i’m watching it right now, and my one-sentence review is “Has time started going backward?”

I want - no, NEED - to hear Jason and June react to every element of this bizarre-o world Furry Nazi Extravaganza of Hell. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this