🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 12 — Deeper Into The Base

The gang finds themselves asking a gray robed man by the name of Shaunson (Mr. Sark) for directions to the control tower. Amarth Amon (Brian Posehn) & Blackee Green (Blaine Capatch) felt like they should have killed the guy while Mildred Maxton (Sarah Guzzardo) & Bartho Shett (Ken Daly) stick to their choice of letting him go. They make it to the base of the docking tower and are left with the decision of continuing ahead or taking their chances going underneath. Get ready for some more drawings that look like dicks! Plus, the gang have some sweet remembrances of a cop D&D adventure that happened before Harry Potter existed.

"Who gives a shit?" Is one of my favorite lines now. I'm going to be asking NPCs that a lot in games now.

Also, loved the "I aint afraid of no ghost" which nobody seemed to catch.

• Like 3

GO! Team Talon Treasure Claw Bears! Really missing Jerry. Can I do anything to help get him back? Let me know. Call me. Or text.

It also feels like Sark also has a pretty good control of where he wants the game to go.

This episode really flew by. I'm so glad this is one of my regular podcasts. With other ones I can save them up and marathon them, but I have to listen to this one the day it comes out. SO GOOD!

Loved that Sark had everyone setup their positions around the elevator ready to kick some ass... only to have it keep on heading on down without even opening

Screwing with the players is one of the greatest joys of running a role playing game.

I've been having difficulty "seeing" the surroundings since they began the underater part of this adventure. So are they on top of the ocean, with structures all set up a la Waterworld? Or are they deep in the ocean in some sort of huge bubbled enclosure? I know there's ships pulling up and docking so I'm assuming its the former, not the latter. Were they ever in a bubble thing?

I enjoy Sark's DMing so much iin that he understands when there's the briefest of lulls that they're all weighing what to do or how to do it, and he'll nudge them with "You can either..." but then he mixes it up on them and gives them false leads like the elevator preparation misdirect. Or when Brian asks if they could swim and SARK replies (paraphrasing) "Sure you could try that...". I'm sitting there listening and thinking "he's hoping they do that just so he can fuck them up".

Bartho Shett was exceptionally snorey this episode. I'd noticed it before this episode, when the original breathing complaints came in, but I didn't say anything because it didn't get too bad. This episode was the opposite. There were heavy gargle-snore moments throughout this one that I just couldn't ignore. Maybe Blackey Green could do a CPAP Machine advert for some swag?

EDITED TO ADD: Awesome things that got lost in this one: "I ain't afriad of no ghost" , Brian the avowed metal head going "6 minutes..." from the old Doug E. Fresh classig hip-hop song "The Show"

Brought to you by... Abercrombie and Fitch, for when you need to smell like the mall, Ambercrombie and Fitch.

Well looks like is a matter of time before a battle unfolds between Mildred and Amarth. Brian has lost the opportunity to rape two times and to kill innocents at least twice too, I don't think he can hold up the rage much longer, it's going to be epic :) and I bet on Sarah to win it.

Mildred should just jump ahead more often.

Sometimes I too find myself thinking "Just go, assholes! We've only got an hour here!". But to be fair, I think the current setting is probably a different picture in everyone's mind, and they have been in a "keep moving or die" situation in pretty much every episode before and since the Elder's dome.

I really hope they eventually find themselves on a peaceful dirt road in a forest with a sign that says "Town 30 miles this way -->", and then just spend an episode in character leisurely walking along and telling each other their background stories. It's easy to forget that these people really still don't know anything about one another. I would love that and I bet it'd be fucking hilarious, we (and they) would get to experience more of Bart's rich douchbaggedness and I can definitely see moron Amarth picking the wrong berries and having emergency shits for half of the hike.

Love this friggin' show.

tumblr_mhhazifO3N1rejltko1_500.gif

• Like 2

Happy to see NP on RPGPodcasts! Just got my Ipod back up and running and soooo happy to catch up on latest.

Metal needs to be an alignment NOW!

This week's round of Blaine Ads were pretty good, and while mine aren't too great, here goes:

"This break is brought to you by Reddit! Reddit: A place where you can exorcise your demons through Thundercats Fan Fiction!"

"This break is brought to you by Taco Bell! Taco Bell: Just when you think your diarrhea couldn't get any more thin, you turn to Taco Bell!"

"This break is brought to you by Diablo III! Diablo III: It's like Dungeons and Dragons but with more action, less dice rolling, and the exact same amount of virginity!"

• Like 4

Could we have more photos of Sarah? At least one picture per episode please... for science.

• Like 2

Oh Brian, the fact that your character isn't a blood thirsty maniac doesn't make you "not metal". The fact you are a big scaredy baby about Sark's "haunted" rpg box set is what makes you not metal.

Happy to see NP on RPGPodcasts!

I hadn't heard of this site before. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this