🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 67 — Fish Hook

It's weird, because I totally see why someone would feel that way, but I feel exactly the opposite... I think they're naturally inclined to do physical stuff, and I hope they feel liberated to do things that might occur to them but wouldn't come across well in a pure audio format.

Agreed. I understand the comment that it might take away from someone's ability to imagine a different version, but I in my opinion it doesn't make it worse. For eample because of the video I was already laughing at Lennon Parnham staring at John Gemberling even before came out with "I got a deposition tomorrow...". I got to see her be that character for more than just a line.

I don't think the video is at all detrimental on i4h, but it really changes the experience. I had different favorite scenes and highlights after listening than I did after watching. Video served the football scene really well, because the facial expressions and body language...

Agreed again. Gemberling's head hanging was super funny, like he couldn't even look at them at points.

I don't think any of the scenes in this episode suffered from being filmed.I love I4H as a podcast and from the earliest shows I have loved its ability to take advantage of the "theater of the mind" stuff. Like when they were all in Fat Susan's belly button enjoying a hot tub, or Colton Dunn's "hair did" descriptions, affair with the Sun, or the Butterfly Dad scenes. Those were better as audio scenes due to their inherent surreality.

Hey, guys! Since Bill's story in this episode was so much fun, there might be more "Your Best Story" segments in the future!

You can email YOUR story by sending a 2-3 minute audio file to Improv4Humans (at) Earwolf (dot) com

A few might even be asked to be call in guests on future live stream episodes! Can't wait to hear them!

Sign in to follow this