🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 134 — Milk In The Bathtub

Jack Black finally body surfs his way to the calming shores of Sklarbro Country! Jack talks to Randy & Jason about how David Cross invited Tenacious D to perform at the early Mr. Show shows, when Dio got introduced to Tenacious D, and his thoughts on being a part of the Kennedy Center honoring of Led Zeppelin. He also tells us why surfing never worked out for him, catching the acting bug at an early age, and the difficult process of writing a song. Plus, we hear how big of a Tenacious D fan Justin Bieber is during a round of Quick Hits and Joe Walsh stops by to tell us what we can expect from The Eagles documentary. Be sure to get your tickets for a special screening of “Breaking Away” with Randy & Jason as part of the 2nd Annual Wayne Federman International Film Festival on February 28th at Cinefamily in Los Angeles!

ahhhhhhhhhh ahahahahahah the Dio bit made me spit my coffee all over my desk. incredible.

• Like 1

Jack Black could probably use a little more of that gym time with Fabio and Brian Wilson. Just sayin'.

Really love the man - great guest, good episode. I wish the episode was longer so we could here more Dio-based riffs.

This episode rocked SO hard! I'm a huge Tenacious D and Jack Black fan! I really hope Jack becomes a familiar resident of the calming shores, because this was fantastic!

Then it ends with even more rock... Joe Walsh?!

This is one of my favorite Sklarbro Country episodes EVER!

• Like 1

Finally got to listen to this one, and its so good! So great to listen to the Sklars and JB together. Loved it, thanks guys!

I was listening to the Nerdist podcast the other week and I found out Jimmy Pardo is a huge fan of Breaking Away too. I had never even heard of this movie until I listened to your guys podcast last week.....defnitely gonna check it out now.

This was another great Sklarbro Country episode. Although I think this week's "County" with David Huntsberger was even stronger. You guys are really on a roll lately. A bunch of really strong episodes.

Keep it up, and thanks for doing it!

I'm hoping to see you when you come to Ann Arbor.

Awesome episode, so cool to hear Jack on the show discussing the old days and the origin of The D. Their HBO show and first album were pretty much my first dip into the pool of alt comedy. I got some of my friends into them in college, indirectly resulting in a recent story of two of them performing an a capella version of "Fuck Her Gently" at a bar karaoke night, to the bewilderment of their fellow patrons.

It was also funny that "Joe Walsh" appeared on the same show, because he reminds me of a drug-addled cross between JB and Patton Oswalt.

Is this the Dio song they were referring to? Episode was hilarious

I hate to admit this, but I listened to the show out of order. I fast forwarded to Joe's appearance (he is easily me favorite character on the show now) and then started over at the beginning. Love JB, but I can't resist a Chris Cox as Walsh scene.

As always, outstanding work!

OH! AND SEE YOU IN DENVER SOON BOYS!

Sign in to follow this