🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 201 — End Scene

Jon Glaser was great on this episode - and thankfully nobody brought up him losing the E-trade baby commercials in the last auditions.

• Like 5

Glaser proved to be bolder than a lot of guests, and it was great! The sudden appearance of the Vatican gardener, the drawn-out suicide premise, egging the Pope on with impressions... have him back? Uh, a'yeah!

• Like 7

Matt: "When God says 'jack off in my hair', you know something isn't right..."

Scott: "That old adage..."

This whole episode was hilarious, but that line from Scott just killed me

• Like 1

Any puns worth taking Besser's improv card away like "pulled Bjork sandwich" or "East Anderson?" I don't think the "Puntiff" was quite bad enough to take action.

"Thanx" came pretty close, in that it elicited the Aukerman "hoo boy".

"My wife", "Batdance", AND "IT'S BEEN"? What more could you ask for? The way that Scott built up to "My wife" was the stuff legends are made of.

Also, until Scott sang along with it, I always thought the Casey Wilson re-mix of the Closing Up the Plug Bag Theme was "Closin' up, closin' up", not "Close it up, close it up".

• Like 3

I might have missed it, but I didn't see the Vancouver episode in the Earwolf store.

Up now. $2.99 for 1:01:13.

Super great episode. I really liked the Glaser remix of the WYR theme. Delocated fans of course recognize the "pfft" noise.

I wonder when Scott is going to throw in PFT's plug theme song.

The "R.I.P." after Jon mentioned Scott's left eye was one of the all-time best under-the-breath asides.

This killed me.

Uhhh A-YEEAH...

This killed me also.

Here's hoping Glaser returns in the future, maybe he could co-host as "Jon" from Delocated. I'd love to hear that voice modulator for a full CBB.

• Like 1

Much as I love Besser, I won't be sorry to see his Pope character retired. And certainly not if it means more airtime for Bjork.

the Pope is a premise god. I felt like I was in premise heaven, and I have had a couple hundred NDE's so I know what I'm talking about, but at the same time, I am also the funniest planker in the world so it all balances out. I also had a few NDE's when I started the first wheelchair segway company and I am still working on that and my youtube channel of all my segway fails gets a billion views a day so I know there's a market for this.

Jon Glaser should come back every time they break the cherry on a fresh hondo.

Best episode bookend ever.

This is the second time Scott has called Pope Benedict XVI "Matt". Episode 168 Breaking Bread, 58:54.

• Like 1

This is the second time Scott has called Pope Benedict XVI "Matt". Episode 168 Breaking Bread, 58:54.

Right, Pope Matt Benedict XVI.

This episode is, hands down, my favorite. Borrowing from Benedict ... it's so full to the brim with comedy, I've gone back and listened to it several times, just for kicks and giggles.

Matt Besser's improv is genius, full stop.

• Like 1