🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Not a correction or an omission per se, but I don't think enough attention has been paid to how upsetting this movie truly was. I watched it late in the evening and went to bed immediately after. What followed was a series of horrifying dinner table-set nightmares that ran through my brain like a condiment-filled Lionel Train on its fastest setting. I can't pinpoint exactly why my reaction to this was so visceral compared to any of the other movies featured on HDTGM, but it is easily one of the most deeply unsettling movies I've ever seen.

• Like 1

The Brazillionaires, are they even from Brazil? They speak Spainish and carry Argentine passports? Which is it? Brazil or Argentina?

I completely agree Patrick...

I only watched like 30 minutes total of the clips I could find scattered on the internet and I just felt sick and like I needed a shower. It was strange that everything I was watching was SO boring and still SO extremely unsettling. Just yeeecchhh.

• Like 1

Sort of a correction.

You guys mention that Dan Akroyd's nose looks like a dick. but, at one point, his nose LITERALLY is a dick. At the dinner table, Chevy Chase is watching Dan Akroyd eat the hot dog and his nose is a penis.

the nameof the big baby "Débile", mean "crazy" or "stupid" or both at the same time in french. still not funny, you should listen to the french version, way worst.. a no name french guy doing voices over with bad translated jokes !!

Sort of a correction.

You guys mention that Dan Akroyd's nose looks like a dick. but, at one point, his nose LITERALLY is a dick. At the dinner table, Chevy Chase is watching Dan Akroyd eat the hot dog and his nose is a penis.

Oh it's definitely a dick. The gang hypothesized toward the end of the episode that it was an actual dick that he cut off someone and wears.

There's a horrifying screencap here a few posts down that I won't post again because it gives me nightmares.

This isn't really an omission about the film... but I was curious. I heard that Chevy was a douche to Rob Huebel and slapped him really hard after Huebel merely told Chevy that he was a huge fan. I heard that the whole thing happened in front of Jason. I was just wondering if Chevy was a real prick or if the whole thing was blown out of proportion. I saw it awhile back with a list of other reasons Chevy was an a-hole. There was only a small paragraph pertaining this incident and I was wondering what the facts were.

I saw this as a middle schooler, and I loved it/knew it was bad. I just want to address the whole "what is happening with this movie?" thing. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Dan Akryod must have been fucked up with his brother, and they started talking shit about a "what if...." about some hidden inbred town that has been doing americas dirty work for over a century (i.e. getting rid of jimmy hoffa, etc..) and therefore have been allowed to exist in this tiny toxic town. I think at it's heart this was a passion project based in Akryods more fringe/paranoidyoutubenut side (Dan has some pretty out there ideas (i.e. illuminati, ufo's, other weird shit). I also think if Lars Von Trier took this script and cut only the digital underground scene, IT WOULD BE THE MOST FRIGHTENING MOVIE EVER.

As a big fan of Digital Underground, I remember buying the cassette "This is an E.P. Release" featuring two songs from the movie "Valkenvania".( "Same Song" which y'all called All around the World and "Tie the Knot.") I think they probably intended to release it with that title but the title probably tested poorer than the movie.

At least the soundtrack has the first Tupac recording. 2Pac started as a roadie and backup dancer for Digital Underground but got his first chance on the mic in "Same Song."

I dug around and found some confirmation of my memory of this cassette found here:

http://www.discogs.c.../release/232839

"Notes

â–¼

Tracks A1 and A2 from the Warner Bros. Original Motion Picture "Valkenvania". A Warner Bros. Film.

(Note: "Valkenvania" was renamed "Nothing But Trouble" by Warner Bros. shortly before its release.)"

Yeah, I remember wanting to see this when I was 12, it had lots of things that 12 year old boys love:

Digital Underground, Dan Akroyd (my fav. Ghostbuster), neat gadgets, etc.

My mom said it "looked stupid" and was too violent and scary for kids. Sometimes Mom does know best.

• Like 1

I remember watching and liking this movie as a child, too! I also remember the really awful trailer that used to be on TV. I tried to find it on YouTube but it doesn't appear to be up there.

It was basically the movie poster but with the mouths blurred out and live-action mouths were saying the trailer dialogue- just like

. The narrator would VO "Demi Moore loves Nothing But Trouble" over some scenes of the movie, with the cut back to the poster and her "lips" mouthing the words "nothing but trouble" along with the narrator. Then it would continue with "Chevy Chase loves Nothing But Trouble!" "Dan Akroyd loves Nothing But Trouble!" Wow it was bad. Wish I could reference a video.

This isn't really an omission about the film... but I was curious. I heard that Chevy was a douche to Rob Huebel and slapped him really hard after Huebel merely told Chevy that he was a huge fan. I heard that the whole thing happened in front of Jason. I was just wondering if Chevy was a real prick or if the whole thing was blown out of proportion. I saw it awhile back with a list of other reasons Chevy was an a-hole. There was only a small paragraph pertaining this incident and I was wondering what the facts were.

Here's Rob & Zouks discussing it in NY Mag: http://nymag.com/arts/comics/features/upright-citizens-brigade-2011-10/index4.html

• Like 1

1. You seemed to not understand why John Candy was willing to waive the car chase he was led on?

It's simple: John Candy was planning on dropping the car chase charges and only charge Chevy Chase for running a stop sign, and in return all Chevy Chase & company had to do was meet with Judge Alvin Valkeneiser.

2. You guys seemed to not understand what kinds of people the Judge had killed?

Again, it's very simple: in the attic, Chevy Chase & Demi Moore read newspaper clippings of the numerous people killed, including Jimmy Hoffa. Demi's character says, "Ex Nazi rocket scientist vanishes." She later says, "They're all convicted crooks and creeps," to which Chevy Chase points to a newspaper clipping that reads CONVICTED STOCK SWINDLER MISSING. He then says, "Bankers." Pretty much anyone who didn't meet the aesthetic of what Judge Alvin decreed a good citizen. Since he has a grudge with bankers from his past, where they duped his family out of selling off the coal mines, stripping it of all resources, and then leaving the filthy worthless land to his family, the Judge has a big beef with crooks and swindlers.

3. You guys didn't understand why the judge had a wooden leg and why his nose was missing?

Finally, the answer is very simple: just before the knife fight between Dan Akroyd & Chevy Chase, Chase reads an article on the mirror out loud. He says, "Local judge burned in foundry blast. So that's what happened to the old liver spot." So yes, the Judge lost his leg in WWI, but alot of his decrepit skin and face (including his missing nose) was from a foundry blast that badly burnt him. And why was his nose the type of a dick? Because a dick nose is funny.

And why was his nose the type of a dick? Because a dick nose is funny.

That's debatable.

• Like 3

I'm not saying that Dr. Gakface is for sure Dan Aykroyd, but he has made one post on this message board, and it is an essay on why Nothing but Trouble makes sense and is funny.

(There is literally a 100% chance that Dr Gakface is Dan Aykroyd)

• Like 2