🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 116 — Feel The Night

Newsreaders’ own Mather Zickel stops by to tell us about his boarding school days on today’s Who Charted! Mather talks to us about falling asleep in a construction zone in New York, witch trials, and country groups during the Billboard Country Songs Music Chart. We then chat about Rom Coms, Lincoln, and long winded pilots as we count down the Movie Chart. Also, Mather shares a drinking story from his senior year of boarding school as he takes his chances at a game of Chart Roulette!

Jus cus you have hit songs doesn't mean you're out of the woods - Howard Kremer great ep!

does mather ever call his father pop zickel?

• Like 2

Has anyone else done all the midroll surveys, and the only suggestion is no more Pepsi Next commercials? Everything else is perfect.

Yes exactly. CBB, Whooch and Totally Laime so far.

Other than that...

despite living my entire life in Ohio I have never been to Xenia (thank god) but they must have so pretty nasty weather, based solely on this story from Mather and Gummo.

I never even considered the singer of Fastball being a person/having a name.

Cotton was actually Increase's son and was mainly known for his role in the Salem Witch Trials. He called people who defened the accused "Witch Advocates" which is also the name of the indie RPG I'm trying to get bankrolled through Kickstarter.

Cotton was actually Increase's son and was mainly known for his role in the Salem Witch Trials. He called people who defened the accused "Witch Advocates" which is also the name of the indie RPG I'm trying to get bankrolled through Kickstarter.

Hopefully serious.

hey guys, i need your help. i actually got an account--one of those things i'd been meaning to do for a while but never got around to--just to ask this question.

so during chart roulette, right after mather answers the first question (at 59:45 to be exact) there's this 80s song playing in the background. this song has been following me around for the past month, but always at a distance. i've heard it at the grocery store, at an optometrist's office, you get the idea--but i could never hear the words clearly enough to google it. someone please tell me what this song is.

so during chart roulette, right after mather answers the first question (at 59:45 to be exact) there's this 80s song playing in the background. this song has been following me around for the past month, but always at a distance. i've heard it at the grocery store, at an optometrist's office, you get the idea--but i could never hear the words clearly enough to google it. someone please tell me what this song is.

Funny you heard it at the optometrist. It's Billy Idol's "

".

".

wow, that was fast. thanks dan!

if we're ever in a situation in which you turn into a goose and you're having issues laying eggs, i promise to pull them out of you very gently.

• Like 3

Kulap's response to Howard's disappointment in a Sherman Oakes mall made me laugh harder than anything in a while:

"It's a real heartbreak."

That slayed me.

• Like 1

".

Did anyone else wonder why they played this for Zuckerberg? The only thing I can think of is "Facebook" -> "face" -> first song someone thought of with "face" in the title.

I'm glad Brett got as much of a kick as I did out of "What hundreds was it?"

Mather and Howard met at the Beverly Center not some mall in the valley. I was walking through the mall with my dog (I have no idea why I had my dog in the mall) and Howard was walking towards us and I said "hi" to Howard and introduced the two. Mather remembers because he was thinking "That was the dude from Austin Stories." Howard was in a hurry and may not even remember it. I think he was going to a movie and running late or maybe just pretending to be in a hurry.

• Like 1

Did anyone else wonder why they played this for Zuckerberg? The only thing I can think of is "Facebook" -> "face" -> first song someone thought of with "face" in the title.

I'm glad Brett got as much of a kick as I did out of "What hundreds was it?"

I would have played 'You Better You Bet' from the Keith Moon-less The Who album 'Face Dances.'

Has anyone else done all the midroll surveys, and the only suggestion is no more Pepsi Next commercials? Everything else is perfect.

That was definitely the worst one. Ever. Whoever wrote that copy was trying so desperately hard to be funny to the young people. EARHOLES! COME ON GUYS! EARHOLES!

There's one live CBB where PFT rips into those ads and it's wonderful.

Sign in to follow this