🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 24 — That One Guy

The one and only Fred Stoller is here to rant about Best Week Ever, hipsters pretending to be nerds, and Dennis Miller on today’s episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES! Fred shares his love of character actors, expands on some of the amazing stories from his Amazon Kindle Single My Seinfeld Year, and talks about his infamous agent Ari Emanuel. Then Fred & Jake take a look at a couple of clips that include; footage of the New York Improv from the 1970s, Jimmy “Dy-no-mite!” Walker, and Tootsie. Make sure to go leave reviews for which Bob Newhart show you liked better in “The Fogelnest Files” section on iTunes. Don’t forget to get your tickets for the special Burning Love episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES with Nick Kroll, June Diane Raphael, and Kumail Nanjiani, on Thursday, February 28th at UCB-LA!

I always get a kick out it of whenever Fred Stoller pops up on a show. I might have to grab that short book of his, it sounds interesting.

Love the quick Fernwood Tonight discussion, please go more in depth with that sometime Jake. That was a really funny, odd show that would never get on tv today, especially in the nightly format. Too bad there's no dvd for America or Fernwood (well, legitimate dvd).

• Like 1

Thank you Jake for have the criminally underrated Fred Stoller on the Files. Fred's appearances on the Earwolf network (this and Los Bros Sklars) are like having an extra slice of pie for dessert but not filling on the meal.

Love the quick Fernwood Tonight discussion, please go more in depth with that sometime Jake. That was a really funny, odd show that would never get on tv today, especially in the nightly format. Too bad there's no dvd for America or Fernwood (well, legitimate dvd).

Very much a shame, as well as it's a shame there's not DVD or BluRay for 'History of White People in America' as well.

I find that the fabulously crankier the guest, the better the show.

TELL THAT TO THE GUY WHO REVIEWS THE SHOW FOR THE AV CLUB!!!

I used to really dislike Fred before podcasts came along. Since hearing him on multiple casts (like this one-by far my favorite appearance because he seemed to really enjoy how tailored it was for him and how knowledgeable he and Jake were) I've really grown to appreciate him and his subtle brilliance.

I always get a kick out it of whenever Fred Stoller pops up on a show. I might have to grab that short book of his, it sounds interesting.

It's not a book, it's a SINGLE! It's SUPPOSED to be short!

• Like 1

I place Best Week Ever talking heads somewhere between 9/11 first responders and high school teachers on the Braveness Scale.

I bet Mr. and Mrs. Emanuel were HELL growing up with.

Jake, if you do pull some Mary Hartman clips, take from stuff not available on the volume 1 DVD, which is just like the first 25 episodes i think?

• Like 1

It's not a book, it's a SINGLE! It's SUPPOSED to be short!

Glad you picked up what I was laying down.

Sorry Jake, Fred is right, Seth Rogan already starred in two Feig produced Apatow directed tv shows.

We were talking about Jonah Hill... who first shows up in "The 40 Year Old Virgin."

I have the listening skills of an untrained chimp.

It's only reasonable to tune both of us out at a certain point!!

Loved the episode - I thought it was cool how he mentioned Larry Hankin. He is always fun to spot in different shows - for example he works at the junkyard in Breaking Bad and was seen in the YEAH MAGNETS episode.

Really the whole episode could have been Fred & Jake talking about their cats and I would have been happy.

Loved the episode - I thought it was cool how he mentioned Larry Hankin. He is always fun to spot in different shows - for example he works at the junkyard in Breaking Bad and was seen in the YEAH MAGNETS episode.

It's always been stuck in my head that the name of the actor he played (who played Kramer in Jerry & George's pilot) on Seinfeld was "Tom Pepper", and I guess since that was an actor, I always think of "Tom Pepper" as the real person's name. He always has a great deadpan delivery.

I didn't know what a Fogelnest was but saw Stoller, downloaded and was absolutely delighted to find a new favourite podcast - scary how much Fogelnest knows his stuff and of course The Stollerman is the greatest thing ever made!

Sign in to follow this