Episode 202 — Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder

100 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Oscar season is upon us so who better to join us than Oscar-nominated actor Philip Seymour Hoffman and fan favorite Nick Thune on this week’s bonus episode of Comedy Bang Bang! Philip gives us a preview of his upcoming Orson Welles project right before Scott’s nephew Todd interrupts the program. We then play a game of Fortunately, Unfortunately until a special guest graces us with his presence!

#2 JeffreyParties

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Philip Seymour Hoffman should totally play Jesse Ventura in a movie. For some reason they sound really similar....

#3 Dan Engler

The Wolf Dan

• Moderators
  • 637 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

"Grounded beef"? I'm going to have revoke your Improv Card, Scott.

#4 Chester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOblivion

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Wow. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it (because I did), but the last twenty minutes of this episode were legitimately...disturbing.

#5 Cabbagehead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

James Adomian is a fucking genius! Would love to hear more from Todd, sounds like he'll be grounded for awhile. It'd be interesting if Todd met Marissa sometime, that would be pure craziness!

#6 Gerard Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Identifying Giardia infections requires examining stool samples over several days and even then its not a sure thing. I really wish this "natural" Doctor would share his amazing diagnostic techniques with the non-natural medical community because it could really help out, especially in the third world.

Seriously, what toxins? What are these toxins called? What is generating them? Why aren't the liver and kidneys processing them? Why does this tea remove them and how does their removal also get rid of Giardia cysts?

You might as well go to a Witchdoctor so he can sacrifice a lamb to banish the demons from your arse.

#7 boognish00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostGerard Smith, on 21 February 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Identifying Giardia infections requires examining stool samples over several days and even then its not a sure thing.

More like Gerardia infection!

#8 Gerard Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Zing!

Edit: And eh just to be clear, no issues with Nick or anything just the guy who took his money.

#9 johnnyhaggis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Haha, Lapkus' character is right on!

#10 pokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostChester, on 21 February 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Wow. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it (because I did), but the last twenty minutes of this episode were legitimately...disturbing.

Definitely! I think I now have Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder. It seems like this episode needs either a trigger warning at the beginning or someone shouting "The Aristocrats!" at the end.

#11 zackinthe909

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Wow todd was absolutely horrible. had to turn it off. psh and thune were great. but please scott, dont ever bring back todd or whoever played him. the premise could have been great, but it was horribly executed... to the point of not being listenable. love that hes from temecula tho, that explains alot.

#12 LemonDropKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Haha I think my girlfriend really hates this one.

#13 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostJeffreyParties, on 21 February 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

Philip Seymour Hoffman should totally play Jesse Ventura in a movie. For some reason they sound really similar....

During Fortunately/Unfotunately it really came out. Not to give Adomian notes, but maybe keeping calm and not yelling is more PSH.

#14 Inthehallwaynow

the captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

View Postzackinthe909, on 21 February 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Wow todd was absolutely horrible. had to turn it off. psh and thune were great. but please scott, dont ever bring back todd or whoever played him. the premise could have been great, but it was horribly executed... to the point of not being listenable. love that hes from temecula tho, that explains alot.

really?

loved the episode great job everyone... Giamatti<3 the end was hysterical soo good

#15 SeanMay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Wonderful, wonderful episode...Lauren Lapkus has just been amazing in her CBB and I4H episodes.

So, when does Todd get to meet Wompler? That's an episode I'd pay to hear.

#16 johnnyhaggis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Holy crap, just heard the last part, and you're right, it is disturbing - I think this episode is technically illegal, you may need to move your servers to the ship where pirate bay is...

But yeah, thumbs up for Lapkus, she killed it this time. Speaking of Wompler, she should do what Lapkus obviously did and hang out with a 16 year old for a couple of hours to really sharpen her character - wompler is funny, but obviously 30 something!

#17 Adventureface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

James Adomian is a brilliant monster.

#18 FUCK!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostGerard Smith, on 21 February 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Identifying Giardia infections requires examining stool samples over several days and even then its not a sure thing. I really wish this "natural" Doctor would share his amazing diagnostic techniques with the non-natural medical community because it could really help out, especially in the third world.

Seriously, what toxins? What are these toxins called? What is generating them? Why aren't the liver and kidneys processing them? Why does this tea remove them and how does their removal also get rid of Giardia cysts?

You might as well go to a Witchdoctor so he can sacrifice a lamb to banish the demons from your arse.

"Whatever you do, don't google it! It's too scary!
- The Natural Doctors

#19 Ben Person

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View Postzackinthe909, on 21 February 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Really super sorry you had to turn off a free podcast but I am glad that you got to shit on it for everyone to see! You're the best!

#20 pokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Postjohnnyhaggis, on 21 February 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Speaking of Wompler, she should do what Lapkus obviously did and hang out with a 16 year old for a couple of hours to really sharpen her character - wompler is funny, but obviously 30 something!

Marissa Wompler doesn't talk like an average 16 year old because she's absolutely not an average 16 year old. She's a precocious weirdo. That's why she's such a great character!