🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 202 — Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder

Oscar season is upon us so who better to join us than Oscar-nominated actor Philip Seymour Hoffman and fan favorite Nick Thune on this week’s bonus episode of Comedy Bang Bang! Philip gives us a preview of his upcoming Orson Welles project right before Scott’s nephew Todd interrupts the program. We then play a game of Fortunately, Unfortunately until a special guest graces us with his presence!

"Grounded beef"? I'm going to have revoke your Improv Card, Scott.

• Like 3

Wow. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it (because I did), but the last twenty minutes of this episode were legitimately...disturbing.

• Like 5

James Adomian is a fucking genius! Would love to hear more from Todd, sounds like he'll be grounded for awhile. It'd be interesting if Todd met Marissa sometime, that would be pure craziness!

• Like 6

Identifying Giardia infections requires examining stool samples over several days and even then its not a sure thing. I really wish this "natural" Doctor would share his amazing diagnostic techniques with the non-natural medical community because it could really help out, especially in the third world.

Seriously, what toxins? What are these toxins called? What is generating them? Why aren't the liver and kidneys processing them? Why does this tea remove them and how does their removal also get rid of Giardia cysts?

You might as well go to a Witchdoctor so he can sacrifice a lamb to banish the demons from your arse.

• Like 10

Identifying Giardia infections requires examining stool samples over several days and even then its not a sure thing.

More like Gerardia infection!

• Like 2

Zing!

Edit: And eh just to be clear, no issues with Nick or anything just the guy who took his money.

• Like 5

Wow. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it (because I did), but the last twenty minutes of this episode were legitimately...disturbing.

Definitely! I think I now have Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder. It seems like this episode needs either a trigger warning at the beginning or someone shouting "The Aristocrats!" at the end.

• Like 4

Wow todd was absolutely horrible. had to turn it off. psh and thune were great. but please scott, dont ever bring back todd or whoever played him. the premise could have been great, but it was horribly executed... to the point of not being listenable. love that hes from temecula tho, that explains alot.

• Like 1

Philip Seymour Hoffman should totally play Jesse Ventura in a movie. For some reason they sound really similar....

During Fortunately/Unfotunately it really came out. Not to give Adomian notes, but maybe keeping calm and not yelling is more PSH.

Wow todd was absolutely horrible. had to turn it off. psh and thune were great. but please scott, dont ever bring back todd or whoever played him. the premise could have been great, but it was horribly executed... to the point of not being listenable. love that hes from temecula tho, that explains alot.

really?

loved the episode great job everyone... Giamatti<3 the end was hysterical soo good

• Like 2

Wonderful, wonderful episode...Lauren Lapkus has just been amazing in her CBB and I4H episodes.

So, when does Todd get to meet Wompler? That's an episode I'd pay to hear.

• Like 5

Holy crap, just heard the last part, and you're right, it is disturbing - I think this episode is technically illegal, you may need to move your servers to the ship where pirate bay is...

But yeah, thumbs up for Lapkus, she killed it this time. Speaking of Wompler, she should do what Lapkus obviously did and hang out with a 16 year old for a couple of hours to really sharpen her character - wompler is funny, but obviously 30 something!

Identifying Giardia infections requires examining stool samples over several days and even then its not a sure thing. I really wish this "natural" Doctor would share his amazing diagnostic techniques with the non-natural medical community because it could really help out, especially in the third world.

Seriously, what toxins? What are these toxins called? What is generating them? Why aren't the liver and kidneys processing them? Why does this tea remove them and how does their removal also get rid of Giardia cysts?

You might as well go to a Witchdoctor so he can sacrifice a lamb to banish the demons from your arse.

"Whatever you do, don't google it! It's too scary!

- The Natural Doctors

• Like 2

Really super sorry you had to turn off a free podcast but I am glad that you got to shit on it for everyone to see! You're the best!

• Like 10

Speaking of Wompler, she should do what Lapkus obviously did and hang out with a 16 year old for a couple of hours to really sharpen her character - wompler is funny, but obviously 30 something!

Marissa Wompler doesn't talk like an average 16 year old because she's absolutely not an average 16 year old. She's a precocious weirdo. That's why she's such a great character!

• Like 1

Marissa Wompler doesn't talk like an average 16 year old because she's absolutely not an average 16 year old. She's a precocious weirdo. That's why she's such a great character!

I agree that she's really funny, and I'm probably the only one who feels this way (whiich is why I feel OK making this criticism, cause she's super popular) but she knows every 80s reference, she knows too much about the work world, politics, sex, etc. so she has the right attitude, and is a quick funny thinker, but there's no effort at being a teenager, and that drives me nuts, especially because the character is otherwise really funny.

Or, she could make jokes about knowing all these things, which would make it funny in a diffrent way. But anyways, I'm the only person who feels that way, but I think the character would be ten times better with a teeny bit of research. Just find what teen girls watch and read or say

Every word that came out of Lapkus' mouth could have come out of a real teenage boy's mouth, she obviosuly must have been hanging oit with one, and to me that's why Todd was a good character

To whoever said he was annoying - I think that was the point! She nailed the teen boy thing

Zing!

Edit: And eh just to be clear, no issues with Nick or anything just the guy who took his money.

Yeah, I just want to add my voice to calling out this absurdity. And as much as I like Nick and his comedy, there is an issue with someone spouting nonsense like that as though it is fact without properly informing themselves. Imagine that, a "Natural Doctor" can find all these parasites that actual doctors cannot, and then they cure them with vegetable juice. Especially hilarious is that Giardia infections generally clear up on their own. So yeah, I feel bad for Nick because he's totally been had by a quack, but also he should inform himself better before he goes off spewing this bullshit.

• Like 5

"It seemed legal at the time" is my first go-to phrase the next time I happen to find myself in a late night conversation with a police officer.

This wasn't BAD by any means but it wasn't particularly noteworthy. Thune is an incredible guest but I just couldn't really get into Adomian's Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I think he could tell that it wasn't going over that well and that's why he brought out his much better impression, Giamatti. The PSH voice just really doesn't sound like him, especially when yelling.

I feel like Scott wasn't really into PSH because pretty much every response to him was "Cool." Thune definitely tuned out too.

Todd was completely forgettable. I love Lapkus in almost everything she's in, but I think it was too similar to Neil Campbell's teenage boy and Wompler and every other "teenage kid" that seems to pop up every 2 months.

I think with Scott focusing so much time on the TV show, a forgettable one like this is to be expected every once in a while.

It took 75 minutes, and it followed multiple instances of child abuse and rape, but PSH saying "scrape the cum off his back and make him eat it" was what finally got Scott to say "oh boy."

• Like 4