100 replies to this topic

#41 Shannon

-------- Moderator -------- Mother of Wolves

• Administrators
  • 2,264 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostVampiresVampiresVampires, on 21 February 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

This is going to get weirder(Scott). Todd sounds EXACTLY like Kulap doing her petulant child voices in the Who Charted? commercial spots.

I 100% thought it was Kulap until I finished the episode and looked at the cast list.

Also, The Three Caballeros is one of my favorite Disney movies ever.
mah tumblr. tweets! etsy

Need help with Howl? Email me! support@howl.fm

#42 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Speaking of Kulap, it was weird how Todd and Scott acted like Scott is single.

Anyway, extremely weird, extremely funny episode.

#43 jarjarwang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Lauren Lapkus has improved with each appearance. I thought this character was strong, and had more depth than I expected. And the fact that the primary conflict turned out to be boredom, lack of video games, and inability to defrost dinner-- there's a lot there and I can see the character returning.

I'll listen to this one again, but will skip the violent/screaming parts near the end.

#44 jsl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

The whole Sonic the Hedgehog tangent was fucking hilarious. I really loved this episode.

#45 VampiresVampiresVampires

Poet Laureate of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostBenFromSD, on 21 February 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

What is it about Lapkus that makes Scott go all weird and pervy? I refer the jury, of course, to "I think it means...bend over bitch?"

This is absolutely the creepiest thing Scott has ever said on CBB, and he turned into Don Dimello once. I feel dirty every time I hear it, but I still listen to hear Lauren say, "Scholarship."

#46 pokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postjarjarwang, on 21 February 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

And the fact that the primary conflict turned out to be boredom, lack of video games, and inability to defrost dinner-- there's a lot there and I can see the character returning.

Well…there's also the fact that Todd was either abandoned or kidnapped (or both). And he's being locked up in his uncle's house. He's being denied education and socialization. And his diet consists strictly of grounded meat. And he's being forced, by way of corporal punishment, to watch a rape. And he's rewarded for racism. Also, he kinda sexually assaulted another kid.

#47 Joe McGurl

#1 Handsome Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Those last 20 minutes were the most delightfully disgusting moments of my life.
The ONLY 3 time Hollywood Handbook Pro-Version winner.

A nice boy.

#48 Jacob C

Stolen by a Mean Crab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Incredible episode. It's interesting how polarizing it's become on here, because for me, every part of it worked. Everyone was on their A-game, which I couldn't say about End Scene. Lapkus continues to be one of my favorite improvisers (and she has amazing chemistry with Scott) and Admomian's PSH was spot-on (and was especially fun if you're a fan--he slipped in some funny nods to his films). Thune was great as always, somehow managing to make an "I want my baby back" joke that actually lands.

A+
Not quite an A++. But close.

#49 ColonelForbin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nick Thune needs a new doctor. really? GIs "Cant find parasites"?? we all have them???? Granted, im sure there is a selection of the population that has some nasty things going on in their guts they just chalk up to poor eating habits(considering the vast majority of parasites are pretty much harmless, they will make you get sick but will usually pass on their own). But "we all have them" is a bit crazy. then correlating that to brain parasites? Talking about a natural doctor "separating a parasite from someones brain on a mucus level"? such utter BS. I feel bad for Thune, he let his skepticism of doctors lead him to get swindled by a shyster. Normally i would come down on someone harder for speaking that out of turn about something medical, but since he's on comedy bang bang i'll let him slide. If he was on a podcast that talked a little more seriously(say, if he had this discussion on WTF or You Made It Weird) i would come down on him hard, but since people are a lot less likely to take real advice from here, its not AS huge an offence.

#50 Somebody

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

It's a shame to find out that Nick Thune is really stupid at the beginning.

Legit loved Adomian as always.

#51 Poika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Not really understanding the 'shock' about this show. Have you never heard an inappropriate CBB? I laughed my ass off. And leave Thune alone. Just because I don't believe it doesn't mean I have to belittle someone else for believing it.

#52 DirtyMidnighter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thank you for including a video game reference for once, CBB! Even if it is incorrect. (Sonic collects rings not coins, GAWD!)

But this is the hardest I've laughed in a grip. Props.

#53 Foam Corner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

I almost turned this episode off because Todd's voice was kind of hard to take that early in the morning, but I'm glad I stuck with it. "All I wanna do is watch every Disney movie in a row all day" is one of my favorite things ever said on CBB. And the grounded beef stuff was so good.

#54 Kvothe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I love how the Philip Seymour Hoffman character is based solely on his name and his role in The Master. The "connection" he has with Todd is hilarious.

#55 pokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostPoika, on 21 February 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Not really understanding the 'shock' about this show. Have you never heard an inappropriate CBB? I laughed my ass off.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the episode was funny, too, but it easily meets the minimum requirements to qualify as shocking.

#56 neals79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm glad I waited til the end of the episode. I wasn't a big fan of Todd, I felt the character kept stepping on any set up that Nick or James tried. Sonic (PSH) raping Tails (Giamati) was so god damn hilarious and wrong. I wish this was a video episode cause I would have loved to see Adomian doing both characters in such a ridiculous premise.

Also, as a nerd I appreciated Adomian calling out Todd for saying he saw Sonic in a Super Nintendo magazine.

#57 AngryAtheist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

This PTSDer (the real kind) gives this episode a thumbs up.
Never forget... that the Jews caused 9/11.

#58 Kevin Irmiter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I can kind of understand people being annoyed by Todd and turning it off, because I did find the character grating at first. Went too heavy on the "sarcastic preteen" voice. But once they got into normal conversation the voice was more toned down and didn't bother me. So anyone who turned it off, consider giving it another chance.

This one was definitely over the top, even by CBB standards. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but the ending was just... really out there, and they've never squeezed in so many vulgar and crazy things into so short a time as they did in the last 20 minutes of this thing. I was cracking up and being mind-fucked at the same time. Leave it to Adomian!

#59 Sean G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

I am surprised I read through all those comments and nobody mentioned the awesome and hilarious plugs theme. Among the best plugs themes ever. So good.

And of all of the divisive elements in today's podcast, people are latching on the Todd character? We have a man raping another man in front of a racist teenaged boy being spanked bare-assed by his uncle... and people decide that the inauthentic nature of said teenaged boy is the tipping point?

Some crazy ways people decide what to like here is all I'm saying. I thought Adomian's Hoffman was pretty good, I loved the Boogie Night influence (and maybe some Happiness?) but I do agree it was pretty Master-heavy there at the end.

Also I thought Todd was hilarious. "I'll have the biggest penis ever!"

#60 Oscar Giles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Listening to this episode on the tube my face contorting from grimace into teary laughter. People trying to figure out whether i'm having a stroke or is it just another manic episode. Jury's out. Fantastisch.
You sound like you're from Landan!
YEAH i'm from London