🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 202 — Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder

haha - I agree that this wasn't the best James Adomian character - I think he's a genius, and it's rare that one of his characters doesn't shine, but this is one of those rare times. I'd like to see Todd in another show with scott and maybe Bob Ducca, family mess!

About Nick Thune's doctor - holy shit, I forgot about that part. I think it's fine to be skeptical of western doctors, but you should also be skeptical of naturopaths or "natural doctors" which is a term I've never even heard before. Thune seemed so completely credulous about the parasites diagnosis, which does really smack of being a scam - everyone's got them, in the brain too? Somehow this has eluded western medicine? Maybe, but you'd think he'd have interrogated the doctor a bit as to how he knows it's parasites, how the treatment works, why MD docs wouldn't notice it etc, and my impression is that he seemed reaaaaly credulous about all of it!

• Like 4

What is the Fortunately/Unfortunately theme song?

This is going to get weirder(Scott). Todd sounds EXACTLY like Kulap doing her petulant child voices in the Who Charted? commercial spots.

Did Scott steal Kulap from her family and lock her away too? Is Todd another personality of Kulap's schizophrenia? Is Kulap another personality of Todd's schizophrenia?

• Like 3

but there's no effort at being a teenager

I don't think that's fair. She has all these quirky, teenaged contradictions: she freaks out about sex even while she brings it up, she's super confident and also insecure, she's unexpectedly mature in some ways and woefully immature in others. Besides that, she's inappropriately loud, easily excited, and her voice has a teenage energy.

Part of the depth of her character is that she's unlike most teenagers. She doesn't get along with them or talk like them, and she's not interested in the same things.

Just find what teen girls watch and read or say

I do get what you're talking about, but stuff like that wouldn't sharpen the character…it would be a different character.

• Like 5

Adomian's PSH sounds like Beetlejuice. This episode was so great.

I can't explain how much I wish I could see this episode on video.

Hahaha, when I was listening I was thinking the opposite "holy shit, I'm so glad I don't have to see the video of this!"

What is the Fortunately/Unfortunately theme song?

It's a song by Culture Club called "Unfortunate Thing"!

What is it about Lapkus that makes Scott go all weird and pervy? I refer the jury, of course, to "I think it means...bend over bitch?"

-Would you ask that same question if you were across the table from Gandalf...ini?

-Scotty, what makes you think you'd be welcome on this journey?

-ANY film they make is a short film!--Scott, on the Chinese.

• Like 1

I liked this episode quite a lot! Really weird, but goddammit, that's what I love about the show.

I REALLY want to see the video of an episode with Adomian. Just want to witness him standing and screaming and such.

• Like 1

This is going to get weirder(Scott). Todd sounds EXACTLY like Kulap doing her petulant child voices in the Who Charted? commercial spots.

I 100% thought it was Kulap until I finished the episode and looked at the cast list.

Also, The Three Caballeros is one of my favorite Disney movies ever.

• Like 1

Speaking of Kulap, it was weird how Todd and Scott acted like Scott is single.

Anyway, extremely weird, extremely funny episode.

Lauren Lapkus has improved with each appearance. I thought this character was strong, and had more depth than I expected. And the fact that the primary conflict turned out to be boredom, lack of video games, and inability to defrost dinner-- there's a lot there and I can see the character returning.

I'll listen to this one again, but will skip the violent/screaming parts near the end.

The whole Sonic the Hedgehog tangent was fucking hilarious. I really loved this episode.

• Like 1

What is it about Lapkus that makes Scott go all weird and pervy? I refer the jury, of course, to "I think it means...bend over bitch?"

This is absolutely the creepiest thing Scott has ever said on CBB, and he turned into Don Dimello once. I feel dirty every time I hear it, but I still listen to hear Lauren say, "Scholarship."

• Like 1

And the fact that the primary conflict turned out to be boredom, lack of video games, and inability to defrost dinner-- there's a lot there and I can see the character returning.

Well…there's also the fact that Todd was either abandoned or kidnapped (or both). And he's being locked up in his uncle's house. He's being denied education and socialization. And his diet consists strictly of grounded meat. And he's being forced, by way of corporal punishment, to watch a rape. And he's rewarded for racism. Also, he kinda sexually assaulted another kid.

• Like 1

Those last 20 minutes were the most delightfully disgusting moments of my life.

• Like 1

Incredible episode. It's interesting how polarizing it's become on here, because for me, every part of it worked. Everyone was on their A-game, which I couldn't say about End Scene. Lapkus continues to be one of my favorite improvisers (and she has amazing chemistry with Scott) and Admomian's PSH was spot-on (and was especially fun if you're a fan--he slipped in some funny nods to his films). Thune was great as always, somehow managing to make an "I want my baby back" joke that actually lands.

A+

Not quite an A++. But close.

• Like 3

Nick Thune needs a new doctor. really? GIs "Cant find parasites"?? we all have them???? Granted, im sure there is a selection of the population that has some nasty things going on in their guts they just chalk up to poor eating habits(considering the vast majority of parasites are pretty much harmless, they will make you get sick but will usually pass on their own). But "we all have them" is a bit crazy. then correlating that to brain parasites? Talking about a natural doctor "separating a parasite from someones brain on a mucus level"? such utter BS. I feel bad for Thune, he let his skepticism of doctors lead him to get swindled by a shyster. Normally i would come down on someone harder for speaking that out of turn about something medical, but since he's on comedy bang bang i'll let him slide. If he was on a podcast that talked a little more seriously(say, if he had this discussion on WTF or You Made It Weird) i would come down on him hard, but since people are a lot less likely to take real advice from here, its not AS huge an offence.

• Like 3

It's a shame to find out that Nick Thune is really stupid at the beginning.

Legit loved Adomian as always.

• Like 3