🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 116.5 — 2/22/13 TWO CHARTED 55

Explore America on today’s Two Charted! Kulap counts down the top 5 cities in the U.S. she’d like to visit and then they explain why you need to travel with friends and not family, why Castles are better than skyscrapers, and why Maine may be another country. Howard turns into his brother Lee and steals the limelight and then switches back and counts down the top 5 selling albums on Bandcamp. Howard also describes the creative process behind his new album’s cover art, and how to best learn a new language. Brush up on your Spanish skills! And be sure to pick Dragon Boy Suede’s new ablum "Douche Minutiae".

I just checked out Scattered Suns and I'm really digging it. Definitely reminds me of something I'd hear on the Alt station in the 90's and that's really awesome.

People do eat Moose.

My Dad grew up eating a lot of moose! His family was poor so his older brothers did a lot of hunting. He did not have good things to say about the taste.

I used to play poker professionally with a group of guys in Georgia, and there was a woman who would play with us named "Sedona". She was notorious for dating whomever had the biggest bankroll in the group, and when you pulled down a big pot, it was called "Winning Sedona".

I live about 1 hour from Sedona and it is indeed a beautiful place. Lots of loopy new age folks live there. Also millionaires.

Augusta shoutout from Howard! I reside in Maine, and I can give travel tips... Not that they'll be requested. Stay out of Bangor, there's nothing there. Stick near the ocean i.e. Portland, Camden, Freeport, Boothbay. The further north, the crazier the people. There's one town so far north that there's maybe 20 people, and they have Canadian area code phone numbers yet they refuse to just become Canada.

Howard was right about it being like it's own thing. People are born here and never leave. The accent is strange, almost Boston mixed with Cajun. Lots of bastardized French names and words. I moved here as a kid and it's odd... I have to get out soon.

But it is really nice to visit for a week or two in the summer (or winter if you ski).

My Dad grew up eating a lot of moose! His family was poor so his older brothers did a lot of hunting. He did not have good things to say about the taste.

I've only had it once, but it's a lot better than deer... Pretty healthy, up there with steak and stuff. Think steak but gamey.

Howard/Kulap - you mentioned something about learning a second language, and Rosetta Stone - On reddit yesterday, I came across several highly positive testimonials for this free site for learning languages:

http://duolingo.com

I don't have personal experience with it but thought you might want to check it out before shelling out dough for Rosetta.

Sign in to follow this