🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 93 — Dating Outside Your Race

Attraction is complicated. Andrew Ti and Todd Levin address the question if dating outside your race is racist. Probably if you’re bragging about it and taking count how many times you do it. As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

Great guest this week and a good topic to finish with. I agree that you should just date people you want to date and don't dissect it by race and other weird things like a creepy serial killer

My version of this is: am I racist for loving this phenomenon?

My girlfriend is half white, half Puerto Rican and she is really pretty. Just take my word for it. Anyways, whenever we are downtown SD without fail a black guy will come up to me and respectfully make an aside like "your girlfriend is very beautiful." Literally every time. It always cracks me up.

(It's her butt)

I think a good general rule is that dating other races is not racist--what's racist is excluding races from your dating pool. Whether it's because you are so blatantly racist as to think interracial dating is wrong, or you fetishize a particular race, or whatever, it's when you start thinking "I won't date race X" that it starts getting racist.

If you're proud of it, or you think about it too much, that is also kinda racist, although it depends on a lot of factors. To be honest, in our society it's almost impossible to date interracially without thinking about it because other racists have made it such an issue.

Sign in to follow this