🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 18 — Fake Girl Voice

Sean and Hayes are excited about taping their Reality Show Show pilot, give their impressions of the new cast of The Amazing Race, and then talk about the drastic format changes made to the Top Chef finale. Eventually, PAUL F. TOMPKINS graces us with his presence to tell us about why he will never recap American Idol again, his enjoyment of watching So You Think You Can Dance, and does his best at a game of Is This A Real Reality Show.

Brooke is also a dummy because Taekwondo is most famous for its kicks and, though I haven't seen the episode, I doubt he was rolling the dough with his feet.

Listening every week to Hayes and Sean Hayes and Sean struggling to work against the tone of the show's theme music never gets old. Like a sheen of oil sincerity floating on the surface of a sarcasm puddle.

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy but Bateman was in Couples Retreat.

Hey guys. Just checking in from Sean's room at the hospital. He realized that Jason Bateman actually was in Couples Retreat after he corrected me on it and tried to commit ritual hara-kiri with a baseball bat. The bat actually did get partially into his stomach but right now it seems like he's out of the woods. Thanks for your concern everyone!

• Like 6

Hey guys. Just checking in from Sean's room at the hospital. He realized that Jason Bateman actually was in Couples Retreat after he corrected me on it and tried to commit ritual hara-kiri with a baseball bat. The bat actually did get partially into his stomach but right now it seems like he's out of the woods. Thanks for your concern everyone!

I blame Bateman for this. He should have been more memorable in Couples Retreat instead of letting Faizon Love get all the attention!

No, NO! Jason Bateman was NOT in Couples Retreat! He was filming Tropic Thunder, and I'm no expert on time travel @sweatysoul, but how can a person be in two places at once? My cousin is Justine Bateman's assistant, so I think I would know!

Was I mad about the Bateman blunder? Sure. Furious even. Normally Reality Show Show checks their sources and brings us reliable facts, week in and week out. Which is what made the Bateman issue so disappointing.

But then I find out Sean didn't even follow through with his ritual suicide to atone for his mistake? Do you guys even CARE anymore? Maybe Reality Show Show isn't as committed as I thought it was.

just kidding good episode please don't die goodbye

• Like 2

Once again Tomp (or is it Tom? I can never remember) proves that he is the number 1 podcast guest in existence.

Brooke is clearly experienced with being racist against Asians. The biggest problem is that whatever stereotype you use, odds are the Asian you are referring to isn't even from that particular Asian country. That's why Brooke did the pro move by saying taekwondo AND karate, stereotyping her fellow chef with two different Asian cultural stereotypes simultaneously.

On to Snooki & Jwoww news!!! Snooki and Jionni have a fight that wasn't scripted at all in the slightest! Snooki was upset that Jionni was paying more attention to their newborn baby than her. Then Jwoww and Roger offer to babysit while Snooki and Jionni go out on a dinner date. Finally! Someone stepped up and relieved these poor, over-worked parents so they could have just a single night to themselves. Apparently they forgot that Jionni's parents live literally one floor up.

hey gang, boy my stomach sure does hurt... from laughing! at my own joke! because i was kidding about bateman not being in couples retreat and you all fell for it. it was like an andy kaufman type bit i was doing where i didn't wanna break character until we were pretty far into it. thanks for playing your part in the grand illusion. life is theater!

please call us for our live show on saturday at 11am

• Like 1

Great episode, good to see Paul F. Tompkins finally make an appearance on a podcast. It's weird a comedian of his acclaim had never been on a podcast before.

More importantly, I had hoped you guys had discussed King of the Nerds. Because you like to riff on he guest judges, but last week the judges were friend of Earwolf Garfunkel and Oates! Could you please get them on the show to talk about their experiences as judges.

We are doing our first live show this Saturday. 11 AM Pacific, 2 PM Eastern. You can listen on Earwolf Radio through this website and call in at 347-514-WOLF.

WHO will call us? Will it be Valerie Bryant? Andy Kneis? BroccoliRob? Hunter? Lukas Holmes? OliverG? Chalkdust? The Narnoid? Once a guy named Laserbuns posted on here. He seemed all right. Maybe he'll call.

Anyway, just call the number and listen to eight ads for Earwolf calendars and then you're on the show. Would be awesome to finally find out if the impressions Sean and I do of you when we read the comments out loud are accurate!

• Like 3

On the topic of Amazing Race, I was as surprised you to find out that people would go on the amazing race to find love. However, then I remembered at least two past contestants are married who were in separate teams while racing. I don’t know when they find the time for their speed dates; especially when at the start of each leg they do not know which other team was eliminated.

Also, the new show starting “Shoe Whore.” The show will only last a few episodes as I do not know one woman who would pick a guy they just met over shoes. On the topic of Amazing Race, I was as surprised you to find out that people would go on the amazing race to find love. However, then I remembered at least two past contestants are married who were in separate teams while racing. I don’t know when they find the time for their speed dates; especially when at the start of each leg they do not know which other team was eliminated.

Hey people, nothing constructive to add here just wanted to throw my hat in the Jason Bateman ring. Fun episode, I think I speak for everyone when I say we learned a lot this week, but yeah like I said, Jason Bateman.

Are you guys getting along any better with the rest of the Earwolf gang?

Hope so buds :/

Keep your chinz up

Sign in to follow this